1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Official Music, Film and Video Thread.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Jesus Was A Geordie, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter

ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter Well-Known Member

One book that I picked up lately was in a Red Cross charity boutique was "Gentleman and Players". Apparantly it was written by the same woman who wrote "Chocolat".

I often make a point of buying a fiction book at random of the genre that I wouldn't normally read and I was hooked on this one from the start. It was certainly one of the better books that I have read in the last couple of weeks. (Amazon linky)

Nothing to report on the fiction front at the moment because I'm am struggling through the meanderings and ramblings of William D Gann which certainly isn't light reading.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Got t be one of the best videos of all time surely? Molly Chambers, Red Morning Light, Wasted Time - as you say, pure grit. Monkeys are a funny one for me. Obviously that first album was mind blowing. Every album since I've fund songs and B sides I love but there has been a lot more dross. I think I always struggle to not be so demanding, very few bands maintain that standard of pure excellence from the first album.

Love Them Crooked Vultures. Love anything Dave Grohl gets involved in, ridiculously talented man. He could be alien, no one can be so good. Lost count of Foo's gigs now but the one they did with runway at the arena (2007?) is my favourite ever gig.

Newsroom is a shocker. I started watching Blacklist with James Spader last night. Looks a goodun, typically slick American drama.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

anyone seen SPOOKS:The Greater Good yet?

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I have not, am worried it's a Kit Harrington (Jon Snow, you ingrates) vehicle and nothing else.

Did watch Horrible Bosses 2 the other night. Great laughs, genuinely funny movie, better than the first.

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

There's a thing about Spooks which makes it compelling watching IMHO.

6. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

A Russian film called Hard to be a God. Very Herzogian style but even more wonderfully bat **** crazy. Not for everyone. You have to just go with it. Even trying to understand/dissect most if it would be pointless.

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

There's a band called Galantis with a new album called Pharmacy. The tunes are dancey and as mad as a box of frogs.
    Worth checking out.

: blancmange
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.