1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Offical Greta Thunberg Climate thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HRH Custard VC, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

3. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

Hospitals can’t cope

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  4. DUNCAN DONUTS

Are you getting a booster or need a pass in N Ireland ?

5. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

When you went to Spain to visit Iain and got fully vaccinated did you think they would demand a 3rd next time you travel ?

Lots of fully vaccinated people I know are not getting the booster .

7. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

8. Easter Road 1980

Easter Road 1980 Well-Known Member

9. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

He's had his booster by the looks of it

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  10. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Whatever makes you happy...
    It is very easy to get likes on here as most of the brain dead like anything that is shorter than a text message as that is all their attention span can take.
    The vast majority of my posts have historically been on the Horse Racing Forum, where difference of opinion does not generate excessive likes.

11. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

12. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

Pretty sure Ireland is as Vaxxed as the shires

13. stopmeandslapme

stopmeandslapme Well-Known Member

More so. Looks like the vax don’t work too good. Having said that I had the British vax and even though 3 people out of our team of 9 have just had the covid, 2 are off sick this week, I ain’t had sh!t.

14. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

I'm 2 years in without a cold and no vax, masks or social distancing.

And... I'm in my late, late 20s now.

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  15. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

Looks like I’ve took 2 jabs for **** all got one in Belfast and one in Spain and they can’t link the fkn things

16. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

<laugh>

17. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Strange that all across Europe they are being overwhelmed with new cases and the Germans even have to export people for medical care. No word yet on when France’s Sanofi will be requesting authorisation for their vaccine, of which the EU has ordered millions of doses because it did not want to be seen to be favouring suppliers from one nation (Germany). According to the EU’s own data, 65 per cent of citizens are fully vaccinated. Only Portugal has more than 80 per cent, Germany is 67.5, France is 68.6 and Ireland is 75.9. The so-called “fourth wave” started in the Eastern European EU countries where vaccination rates are less than 60 per cent. In parts of former soviet (East) Germany such as Saxony it is also less than 60 per cent. Vaccine skepticism fuelled by political leaders of the EU states is coming back to haunt them.

It looks like most of the vaccinations in Ireland have been with Lochers’ favourite “the vaccines” from Pfizer/BioNTech, so he will be along shortly to grumble (factually inaccurately as usual) about Pfizer making $35bn. But he is a University of Facebook graduate (cretin) who gets all his facts from dumb American anti-vaxxers on Twitter that still think Donald won: Generation Woke.

Whilst here the ballooning case numbers are the result of excessive amounts of testing of young people – those least likely to be hospitalised or become seriously ill – that can be readily ignored as hospitalisations are falling. It barely gets a mention on the news with the daily case count mentioned in passing. On the BBC website Coronavirus section halfway down it reports the 46,807 ‘new cases’ on Thursday and the 199 ‘new deaths’ based on the ONS dodgy data methodology.

18. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

<party>

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Really interesting and factual article on a small part of the climate change divide (those who know what needs to be done and what it will take and those who want it all to happen now)

https://news.sky.com/story/shells-d...o-aid-the-transition-to-green-energy-12485338

It's all good Greta talking about blah blah blah and adverts showing kids saying "when are you going to do something" but we need to educate the thick that 200 years of industrialisation can't be reversed (or even slowed) in 1,5 or 10 years.
    The whole world is dependant on fossil fuels (and oil is much more than fuel) so whenever you shut off supply then you have to import from elsewhere and increase the cost and "carbon footprint" of importing it just to keep going until the clean energy (and whatever replaces all the oil products) catches up.

Easter Road 1980 and DMD like this.
  20. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

I do not get the car out much these days, only for a few long journeys; but even I have noticed how the price of petrol has rocketed as oil supplies have dwindled. When my next gas/electric bill arrives that will have rocketed too as imported gas supplies dwindle thanks to Vladimir Putin choking off supply to Europe for geo political reasons.

So given those threats to our energy supplies it might seem reasonable to try and insure ourselves by securing domestic supplies as when the sun does not shine and the wind does not blow, renewables are nothing.

Crazed Leftie Nicola Sturgeon has got into bed with the hard Left Greens for political reasons but she now joins in their cries of stop producing oil and gas immediately. It is an economically suicidal policy – home territory for the brain dead tree huggers – that it is hard to understand any credible national leader adopting. So Net Zero (Brains, Carbon and Jobs) Sturgeon has called for the Cambo field near Shetland to go undeveloped.

It might have been expected that the government at Westminster would see how short sighted the Scottish First Minister was being, but even in Whitehall there appears to be no support for fossil fuels under some delusion that we can simply stop using them tomorrow. In the name of Climate Change virtue signalling, Shell have walked away from their 30 per cent stake in the Cambo field leaving it unviable for their junior partner; and the nation is now facing being held to ransom by Putin just to keep the lights on this winter.

DMD, Diego and HRH Custard VC like this.