1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Offensive Posts

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by The Elfsborg Sparrow, Oct 18, 2018.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was watching your thread last night with a bit of interest and have to say I did wonder at the "Poll" bit with the subject. I do agree that in this day and age it is almost impossible to raise any slightly controvertial subject without the offence brigade coming out. There is none so offended as those that are looking to be which is pretty much every subject known to man now. I don't think there is anything wrong with the topic in question but it is always going to be a tad sticky when a child has died. I'm one of the thick skinned variety. I joined the RN as a 16 year old straight from school blue eyed blond haired youth. I got the stuffing ripped out of me by my elders in a way that today would be considered terrible. I learned to laugh at it like your poster above with the Cerebral Palsy. I knew that none of it was meant seriously and never ever was seriously threatened by anyone. If anyone went too far somebody else would advise them to reign it in. Today none of those people would have survived in the forces and they were very good at what they did professionally for piss poor pay then.

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

@sensiblegreeny

We are like a middle aged version of the Waltons on here - we hate each other one min, love each other the next. We quickly move on to our next row with no hard feelings.

We don’t agree on politics (I’m a moderate) or current affairs, but one thing we all agree on is that Roland Duchatelet is a prize kunt <cheers>

lardiman likes this.
  3. User deleted as requested

PS:

If you think this site is bad, you should have seen the old “Your Views” page on the club’s official site <laugh><cheers>

4. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

lardiman and Ponders Revisited like this.
  5. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I missed all of this so I have no idea what was posted - the poll seems to have gone. I'll skip criticising a thread I haven't seen, but is it necessary to limit posts. As has been said, Ponders posts some interesting stuff which wouldn't normally be allowed now. And 'off topic' is pretty much 50% of posts on here. As Royston said, we tend to squabble and then carry on as before like most families. I don't see any need to stick rules down about what not to post (apart from politics which would probably drown the football). Let's just be a bit sensible and avoid posting anything offensive - can't be too hard.

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  6. User deleted as requested

The limiting posts comment was a joke.

I would be the last person to limit posts <whistle>

Anything goes, apart from Morris dancing & dogging.

7. User deleted as requested

The Madeleine McCann thread was started after I read in the news that the overstretched Met still has a squad of coppers investigating her sad death, 12 years plus after it happened.

However, a good Mod always listens to the feedback of his loyal members & his disloyal ones as well, so I removed it. Some liked it, some didn't. As Curbs used to say, "we move on" <cheers>

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  8. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Sorry. My sense of humour doesn't really kick in til the afternoon so I missed the joke.

I await Elfs thread about Morris dancing with interest - we'll let the sleeping dogging stuff lie.

9. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

The Moderator titled a post that Madeleine McCann was dead.

10. User deleted as requested

I have decided that the description of @baraettmattesvensson as a horny man child is entirely acceptable

<cheers>

11. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0172-mooni