1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic - How Far Left.......

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Jun 13, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

certainly not Boris's neighbour

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

tops best entertainment of a jovial nature …

Supcon72 likes this.
  3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I went to see Micky Flannigan at the O2 a few years ago in my corporate box. It was a great night out - although a comedy night isn’t normally my thing - but the beer and food was free and what the hell,,,,,,,
    Anyway, he did one joke about cancer which made me cringe. Most of the audience laughed but I thought it was too raw and although I recognised the humour in it I was rather appalled to be honest.
    But - where I’m going with this is that I recognised that it was exactly that - a joke. Bad taste definitely but not a mission statement or a belief, so I put it behind me and enjoyed the rest of the show.
    Some comedians push the boundaries and sometimes overstep the mark. IMHO Flannigan did on that occasion - but I am sure he doesn’t find cancer genuinely funny.
    I think it’s the same with this - she made a joke which isn’t funny but is also just that - a joke. I can’t see an army or JB fans taking to the streets with acid - I just see a comedienne who overstepped the mark.