1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic - How Far Left.......

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Jun 13, 2019.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

It was at a comedy event and the audience laughed. There has to be context and intent. It was intended as a joke, you/I may think it was unfunny but the intent was it was a joke.

Do you think she was truly inciting anybody to throw acid in anybodies face? This was not a call to violence free from irony.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

It was meant to be a joke, it wasn’t funny , but that’s not the point.

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

If Brand had said that about Mrs Abbott she'd be in the Tower by now.

However the BBC allow any form of 'humour' aimed at a right wing politician.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

I think if Brand is arrested, the police need to round up the shows audience to identify who laughed at the joke. we just can’t risk having these people on the streets!!!

Was it Farage Robinson or Benjamin??? it wasn't clear. was it battery acid?? its bollocks really. it was a joke.

7. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I think she could have got away with anything other than acid, with the acid attacks of late.....
    I imagine some audiences would laugh at people having their heads cut off....doesn't make it funny or right......just my opinion..

8. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

It was a joke. So was Danny Bakers. How about everyone stops being so ****ing sensitive to everything. The right call the left snowflakes for being offended by everything and believe in free speech and quite right too, the left then make a joke against someone on the right and suddenly they are the ones easily offended and want punishment. She should be punished like baker was. I won’t lose any sleep about it though. Ridiculous the amount of grown adults frothing at the mouth over this or trump or whatever pointless bit of news the media decides to feed you that day. We live in such a divided country it’s funny sitting in the middle and watching both sides tear each other apart. In 100 years you’ll all be dead and none of it will matter. Stop hating someone because they have a different belief than you... unless they support rovers. Hate away in that case. Now I’m off for a 3 hour walk in the rain with the dog and some Johnny Cash. Enjoy your Sundays. God loves you.

Redprintt and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I used to think Johnny Cash was money for condoms.

10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

We live in a country (and world) largely dominated by do gooders and liberals. If a lot of these people had their way we'd have to keep quiet, and all comedians would be shot.

bcfcredandwhite and Red Robin like this.

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

She should be punished like baker was for telling a joke??? no its should be ignored. she should be allowed to tell jokes no matter how offensive. whats happening here is the politically correct left are trying to clamp down on views they don't like but in case of to Brand somebody left wing has fallen into criticism of their own making. it highlights double standards if nothing happens to Brand because. people on the right would sued, sacked de platformed, physically assaulted by left wing hit mobs but that is what free speech is she can be offensive we all should be allowed to s ay what we want.

12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I was brought up on Roy Chubby Brown and all those sort of comedians.

The world is going mad, won’t be long before everyone is worried to say anything for fear of upsetting someone.

13. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

I don’t think she should be punished personally, however the BBC sacked Baker, so therefore they should treat all employees the same. They set their rules, they have to adhere by them.

You’re right, we should all be allowed to say what we want, just don’t cry when someone says what they want back to you, which seems to be the way everyone on the left and right react. Hilarious really.

14. oneforthebristolcity

Well I'm free to say that making jokes to incite violence on a fellow human being is wrong.....and don't give a **** if that makes me a snowflake...which I believe I'm not. Maybe it's the way I've been brought up.....ya bunch of ****ers!! <laugh>
    NB. I've got no problem, people taking the piss out of each other, in fact I'm told I'm a nightmare for it..but hey ho we all have standards I suppose :emoticon-0105-wink:

Red Robin likes this.
  15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I may be knocking on but I was lucky enough to live through the Dave Allen, Les Dawson, Dudley Moore & Peter Cook era's and thank god for that.

16. oneforthebristolcity

Loved Peter Cook & Dudley Moore......Up went the lobsters!!! (Derek & Clive)

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  17. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

A point is being made about political hegemony. This is what we see with the BBC, main stream media and the left wing. It is a very very left wing mindset driven by identity politics and moral posturing.

The BBC is biased but sacking people for having opinions, making jokes is a fascistic fundamentalist mentality.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  18. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Monty Python fan - you don't get more irreverent .
    It's the difference how the BBC treat the left and right wing.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

But who the fuk is Alice?

20. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

RR going to have a quiet time then …. :emoticon-0105-wink: