1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

o/t The Tube - a music programme from the olden days

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DarbyDays, Dec 2, 2014.

1. DarbyDays

DarbyDays Active Member

Sorry if this has been posted before but just came across it on Youtube - anyone know any of these folk? Any of you any of them, even?

[video=youtube;B4u5kmIUqMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4u5kmIUqMc[/video]

2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Looks interesting, I'll have a watch later.

3. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Wow. That took me back.

Saw most of those bands in the early eighties.

Went to Spiders every Saturday night in 82/83. Fantastic times. When Combat Rock came out they just used to play the whole album.

Sweltering heat. Crushed together dancing. Screaming to communicate until your voice went. Constant drinking. Everybody smoking. Fights breaking out. Gossip. Rumours. Lies. Pairing up. Breaking up.

Then slung out at 2.30 to walk home. Crawl into bed at 5. Sleep until lunch then straight to the pub.

Couldn't do it now.

4. timothy scalliwag

timothy scalliwag New Member

ha, good memories of good times. i wasn't in the band, but went into fairview with them and played keyboards / made noises on the red guitars track good technology. was at that international rescue recording in spiders, and went up to the tube in newcastle a couple of weeks later, on one of the coaches sent from spiders c/o channel 4 !