1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

o/t Chelsea our only hope in Champions League now

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Nick HCAFC, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Turned off the Arsenal match, appaling performance against an aging Milan team, Wengers team doesn't live up to past glories, Ramsey is no Viera and Arteta is outclassed at this level

2. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

i think the premierleague is on the wane in europe , and as there are 6 /7 teams fighting for a place in the Champions lge , i can only see it diluting the quality.

3. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I think their fans will be kicking off about Wengers tactics, to be honest I don't know why Oxlaide Chamberlain wasn't playing, he is already better than Walcott in my book and Wenger compounds things by bringing on Henry at half-time even though he will never play for them again

4. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

Who gives a ****e. Would only be interested when and if the mighty Hull City reach the dizzy heights of Europe

5. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

'Prince' scored a bit of a beauty.

6. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

overall, a great advertisement for 'the best league in the world'!

It's about time these talentless ex-pro pundits who constantly promote the Murdoch League myth were exposes as pigs at the trough

7. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

you say that as if its a bad thing. having the same gang of 4 qualify year in year out is boring for the vast majority of football supporters. spreading the opportunities can only be good for the game.

8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Hope Chelsea go out too. I want an Inter vs Milan final :grin:

9. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

I think that's a bit of a stretch too far. It looks like Chamberlain could well be England's first choice winger for years to come, but I think many are overestimating his current ability. The lad has fantastic potential and already looks a very tidy player but I'm not convinced he should be making the Euro squad (guaranteed he goes and wins us the tournament now) this year - one or two good performances against teams in the bottom three doesn't quite make him Messi just yet.

Anyway, to be honest I'd rather Chelsea didn't win it, even if they are the only English team left. I would have liked Arsenal to win it (I realise how unlikely it was even before last night) and wouldn't mind Man Utd, but when it comes to the likes of Chelsea and Man City who were next to nothing before multi-billionaire owners, I'd rather a foreign team win it. Napoli FTW!

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal were poor, but I thought Milan were very good and I wouldn't say they're an ageing team any more(last nights team had an average age of 28), they've done quite a bit of rebuilding ahead of this season and any team with Ibrahimovic, Robinho and Boateng up front is going to cause teams problems.

11. Nisbet

Nisbet Member

I want any team other than Real or Barca to win it, preferably an Italian side. Sick of hearing about Spanish football, there are only two teams who really compete yet every one raves about how good la liga is. The premier league hasn't done itself any favours this year.

12. HullCityGoals

HullCityGoals Member

The Premier League has slipped down the pecking order, it's behind La Liga and the Bundesliga, not sure it's behind Serie A even going by last nights performance. I can't see anyone other then Barca winning it as long as Messi is on form, which he is.

13. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Arsenal and Chelsea are a shadow of their former selves. There's no way Chelsea would have dropped points like they have done this season under Mourinhio and Arsenal seem to have got weaker year by year from the 'invincibles'. Can't see any of the English teams in the quarter finals, and even if Chelsea were to beat Napoli they'd only be knocked out by Milan, Barca, Real, Bayern etc. The standard at the top of the English game has declined from what it was 5 years ago, even Man United aren't as strong as they were imo. This has drawn the 'big 4' closer to the teams below, granted Man City have had cash to spend but Spurs, Newcastle and Sunderland under O'Neill have narrowed the gap that there once was between the rest of the premier league and the big 4. Our chances in Europe have suffered because of this, but it has made the premier league a lot closer and more exciting with the same 4 teams not going for the top places.

14. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Dont ignore Milan's performances against Barca in the group stages, where they pushed them all the way in a 2-2 draw at Camp Nou and 2-3 defeat at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

15. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

ARSENAL.......paying the price for a very sloppy summer transfer window. the world and his wife new that Fabregas and Nasri would leave yet they did next to nothing. IMO, WENGER should have bought Chris Samba and Gary Cahill in defence and Scott Parker before Spurs got him. All 3 would have cost less that Arsenal got for Fabregas. It would not win the Champions League but it would guarantee them a top 4 PL finish and maybe a QTR Final spot in the ChL.

As for the Premier League on the wane ? dont think so. Manchester City got drawn into by far the toughest group of all and from day one any 2 teams could have qualified,....It was the typical group of death. Man Utd were sloppy and treated there group with complete disrespect and paid the price. Chelsea have been at there best in the champions league overall and it makes you wonder if thats not what there season is about now. Next week in Napoli we shall find out. Drogba is back for starters.

The Manchester clubs - Chelsea - Tottenham Hotspur and even Liverpool can give Europes best a game. But Arsenal will be lucky to get a Europa League spot this season. IMO.

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

<laugh> You pretentious bastard

17. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Thats why I put o/t (off-topic) in the title so if you don't give a ****e you don't have to read it and can save your comment

18. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I think he is better than Walcott already, too many times Walcott seems like a little boy lost on the pitch, last night Wenger was completely right to bring him off and completely wrong to put Henry in his place, whereas I have seen Oxlaide Chamberlain play for the u21's before he even emerged for Arsenal and he looks like a real footballer

19. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

I would love to go and watch Hull City lose 4-0 @ AC Milan in the champions league Last 16 one day. Now that would be progress.

20. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

What's pretentious about that? That's the stadium name - it is NOT called San Siro, that is simply the name of the district it is in. It's like someone referring to The KC Stadium and you calling them pretentious for not referring to The Circle.