1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

nutter by name nutter by nature

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Rocky blue army, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

is he any good because we are being linked with him:emoticon-0150-hands

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Good player, ok at League 2 but can lose focus, potential if he keeps his eyes open, not much more to say but he will get a goal on his 100th game and then a second in and around his 150th game, and scores great own goals, overall not too bad and that isn't being sarcy.

3. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

good going forward missing at time defensively tho. has a ahbit of standing off wingers and letting them put their crosses in. however good eye for a pass both short and long, whips a decent cross in and dead ball. prob a good back up for league 1, personally i reckon he'd have more benifit if he was moved to midfield but thats my personal opinion

4. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah he is more of a midfielder than defender as that is what he acts as, but I have to say he seems more of a defensive type than Joe Martin as he is more like a midfielder.

5. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

but martin seems to hold his position better, nutter just cant resist the urge to get forward. when hes back then he prob is a slightly better defender than martin but the key point is when he's there :p

6. Rocky blue army

cheers lads

7. Gills_Steve

Gills_Steve Active Member

Nutter:

- Good left foot. Good crosses and the odd fine free-kick
    - Defensively suspect - as others have said he goes missing sometimes
    - Concentration dodgy. I agree he should really be a left sided midfielder rather than LB.
    - Good enough to start for most teams in Lg 2. Not good enough to be a 1st-teamer in Lg 1.

8. GillinghamLAD

GillinghamLAD Member

Agree with Gills_Steve mostly. Although I feel people are quick to 'big-up', for want of a better phrase, left footed players are they are more scarce. On that note he was insanley left footed, wouldn't even touch with his right which added to his dodgy concentration. No better at delivering a ball than Spiller in my opinion. Distinctly remember a few occasion his sole fault for conceding goals, mostly Dover in the F.A. Cup.

Far more happy with Martin being first choice left back than Nutter.

9. Harrygillz

Harrygillz Member

I personally think we should have at least offered him a contract as backup for martin and the left side of midfield and i can't say i agree that spiller is as good at crossing, maybe jackman or palmer were but not spills in my opinion. I rate him but have to agree that at times his defending was almost embarrassing if even existent.

10. HOADIE_BOI

See Alan Julian has got a new club.

11. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Nutter is very good going forward and was always at the top of the list for assist's.
    As his remit was to be a attacking fullback going forward was following instructions, unfortunately our midfield never used to cover him when this happened.
    Our best setup was Nutter/Palmer as they interchanged really well and it's no coincidence that our most successful period was when those two were together.

12. Gills79

Gills79 Member

John Nutter was excellent in the last league 2 promotion season - I always felt he did better alongside Andy Barcham's high work rate level rather than with the pedestrian Chris Palmer. I know he had lots of critics but I was quite happy with him really and a little disappointed to see him go.

13. Rocky blue army

thanks for being honest i hope we give it a miss then cheers lads