1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

NUFC lose Challenge

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Ouch. They're in big trouble.

Deleted likes this.
  2. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Not paying the correct tax or NI and claiming back inflated VAT.

No wonder they're running in profit.

Transfer embargoes on the horizon.

Brian Storm likes this.
  3. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Which section fella? Ain't reading through all that as most of it will just legal patter. When does it stop with the formalities and gets juicy <laugh>

5. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

OH DEAR never mind when the embargo hits they will come down with a thump

6. Deletion Requested1

There are a few juicy bits (i am trying to be carefull with my posts because potential criminal proceedings are mentioned and don't want to make mistakes). The part is under section 30

7. Brian Storm

Slowly making my way through it. I'm at the point where the judge granting the warrant did not explain his reasons and should however absence of reasons is not fatal.

Seems really desperate from NUFC to block this, So far the of the reasons I've read that they put forward has been frantic straw clutching.

Sounds like gathered enough evidence before a raid to show there's massive amounts of unaccounted payments there fore massive amounts of IT and NI unpaid.

I reckon they've got what they need already but are convinced it's inevitable the practice has been applied to many more transfers. Reason I think this is because it's NUFC's own Agent and solicitors appears to be the end which have carried out the fraud rather than overseas agents carrying out the fraud.

I think the french club angle is where it started but it's become clear it's much bigger than that due to the source of the fraud. Deep deep **** by the looks of it. :emoticon-0136-giggl

8. Deletion Requested1

Yep it looks a load of legal jargon but its certainly interesting reading - the thing is tho how many other clubs have been doing this (allegedly of course)

9. Brian Storm

It will trigger audits across every league I would have thought. Could be a case punishment according to extent of the abuse from club to club. Everyone will be billed of course.

Is a tad worrying about big sam as he's a dodgy ****. Question will be, how dodgy is Short? Will he know our tax system well enough to take the risk. Is Maggie dodgy enough? She's certainly ****ed up in a very very dodgy way but given her being a solicitor she'd be well aware of the implications of getting caught. How dodgy is Bain? I don't know. We'll see but I think everyone can expect an audit. Best get shredding <laugh>

Nacho and Deletion Requested1 like this.
  10. Deletion Requested1

Short paying £1.9 million to an agent na nee chance <laugh>

11. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, we don't seem like the type of club to be into dodgy deals, unlike Newcastle who it fits like a glove, but you never know and Allardyce in particular is a concern. If we are fiddling the figures then we're doing a bloody awful job of it mind but then that's par for the course with us.

Just for fun, let's say Newcastle are found guilty on every count, what sort of sanction do you think they'd be looking at?

12. Brian Storm

I think it will boil down to extent of the evasion. Mags have told us it's just about the French transfers. But now we know the accusation is directed at NUFC's own agent and Solicitors(STAINROD)

Criminally
    If it's been standard practice on all transfers you have to think Ashley, Charnley and llambias could be looking a stretch inside, being billed and fined. If it's not wide spread they'll be billed and fined to a lesser extent.

FA investigation could go from small points deduction and fine to being relegated from whatever league they're in or anything in between.

I'm just guessing here though of course.

Nacho likes this.
  13. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Points sanctions would make sense because it surrounds transfers and presumably ones they wouldn't have been able to make had they played by the rules.

14. Brian Storm

Oh the they could afford them, they constantly ran with a great deal of profit. The reason for that is now becoming clear.

On a criminal level it could also see sports direct under an audit, I for one would love it if that company was ruined. Scum.

15. Deletion Requested1

Bri - check out point 79 :emoticon-0148-yes:

Brian Storm likes this.
  16. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

There's only one thing standing out for me and what this whole case rests on...

The money was being passed on by Newcastle United Football Companies solicitor, in such a way that tax and NI were being avoided. What HMRC have to prove is that Newcastle were complicit in them dealings and had full knowledge what their solicitor/agent was doing.

17. Brian Storm

So if they found out from a routine investigation at STAINROD, that means they'll know 100% the crime has been committed. They just need to tie the Mags in with the evidence from the raid. A raid the Mags tried desperatly to block. Don't think the mags realise how deep in the **** they could be here. They're more interested in us

upload_2017-10-8_20-58-44.png

****ing dumb arses <laugh>

18. Deletion Requested1

Allegedly it wasn't Nufc solicitors it was the agents solicitors but they had knowledge ....well read the link

Deleted likes this.
  19. Brian Storm

Yep, the evidence from the raid may or may not reveal that, we'll know either way once that is processes. Now they can finally process it.

20. Brian Storm

I thought the mag agent was a solicitor and STAINROD was his firm?

Edit. No STAINROD is the Football Agency and Mishcons is the solicitor or STAINROD.