1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Now The Window is Shut

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Saintmagic, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

This is our squad:

GK: Forster, Gunn, McCarthy, Rose

DF: Bertrand, Cedric, Yoshida, Stephens, Vestergaard, Bednarek, Hoedt, McQueen, Targett, Valery (u21)

MF: Romeu, Hojbjerg, Lemina, Armstrong, JWP, Reed, Hesketh, Davis, Redmond, Elyounoussi, Sims (u21)

ATT: Austin, Gallagher, Long, Gabbiadini, Ings

So that is a total of 28 players that would need to be registered. Rose I think it is a given won't be included, so 2 more. I reckon Hesketh and Gallagher as a minimum will be loaned out.

2. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

I know he won't be leaving but I see Steven Davis as the weak link in that midfield bunch.
    Big Sam will be going for sure.

3. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

I would say Fraz,Mqueen,Hesketh,Gallagher, and maybe Reed will be loaned out.

4. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

I really hope that Hesketh stays and gets a chance to impress from the bench and in the cups.

If it's a choice between him and Sam McQueen to go then it would have to be Sam, we have two quality LBs and better options for LW.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  5. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

We have to loan Fraser out to a Championship club, for his good and ours. He needs game time, we need to free up at least part of his salary. He is going to get seriously disillusioned being 3rd choice.

Libby and Saints_Alive like this.
  6. Paddy Podped

Paddy Podped Well-Known Member

Ings signing surely confirms Gallagher will have very little chance of game time this season

Hesketh and Sims, no matter how much we all want them to get game time or come on off the bench, the reality is when everyone's fit they just won't make the bench often enough. Would be happy to see both go on loan to Championship clubs