1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Nottingham Forest v Cardiff City...Fug Me...Another Big Club!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Sep 18, 2020.

1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

<applause> City and Kieffer Moore.

City won’t have a more comfortable win all season as Forest were so poor first half. Didn’t like City playing so deep in second half - better teams would have scored against them.

Still it’s 3 points<cheers>

clingo, Oldsparkey and Betty Bothroyd like this.
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agreed - watched it and really enjoyed the first half, but why did we sit back so deep and invite them on second half - very dangerous tactic that could have cost us. If Forest had got one back early enough, we could have struggled to take all 3 points.

As it was we kept them out but Bacuna at left back. <yikes> - no thank you! There is no way that will ever work and we got lucky they didn't score from down their right side.

And another thing. At least when we got the second goal, B365's excellent early payout policy (2 goals in front and they'll settle the bet immediately), I didn't have to worry on that front - I got my dosh paid into my account before half time....<whistle><whistle>

please log in to view this image

Attached Files:

clingo and Betty Bothroyd like this.
  3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Let’s hope Nahki Wells scores another one against you this season! Good result today for Cardiff, I’m guessing last weeks doom and gloom is now replaced with title winning predictions<laugh><doh>

4. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Agree with most on here. Good first half but a very risky strategy in the second. Good result but not going to read too much inro it. Forest were poor.

5. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

We can't possibly play as badly against QPR again as we did that day, however QPR were also very good.

6. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Nahki Wells is sh!t

That was just a bad day.

7. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Cling the game was won 1st half.

Easy win.

More concerned ongoing at home where we have to break sides down.

Betty Bothroyd and clingo like this.
  8. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Let's face it Supcon, it's much the same as your lot. I've never really seen a group of fans who actually believe their team is so much better or bigger than they actually are or that history has pointed to them actually being, yet a few good results will get you believing and a couple of bad ones will create an atmosphere of doom and gloom.

Think all teams are the same in all honesty, it's just some of us have managed to see our team do something that gives us hope it could happen again!

Nice to see Moore get off the mark though eh?
    I'm guessing you won't have gone sniggering back to your own board this week like last week after we failed to score eh?

Oldsparkey, ninian opinion and clingo like this.
  9. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Admire your trust Hilts. I felt Forest could have clawed it back second half. Perhaps it's just my nervous disposition!

10. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

That’s put him back in his box<laugh>

11. Betty Bothroyd

Betty Bothroyd New Member

Was concerning that we just sat back though, gave forest way too much encouragement, should’ve killed the game off second half if only ralls could finish got in some great position

Oldsparkey likes this.
  12. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

I think his name was jerry:emoticon-0102-bigsm

13. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As it worked out yes, but dangerous to believe with 45 minutes to go. Both Leeds and Charlton thought that last season. Both lead us 2-0 half time and both fcked it up second half by thinking the game was won.

Taking nothing away from Moore's goals - you've got to get there to score - but both were the result of piss poor defending by Forest.

Forest looked a very poor outfit overall and the only reason they looked better second half was that we relaxed the high press and allowed them the ball. Moore was left on his own up there whereas he had Ralls buzzing around him in the first half with Bacuna and Pack playing much higher up the pitch.

Second half they dropped so deep with Hoilett playing a double left back position along side Bennett and Ojo went missing. Moore was left out on a limb until Tomlin came on and he was little help being way off the pace.

We settled for the 2 goals and it worked. Another time and against a better side we could easily have conceded playing like that. If they'd got one they would have their tails up and probably got a second. They were on the ropes and a third goal would have killed it but we changed our style and rode it out - like I said, it worked.

Three points in the bin should be all that matters but sometimes I worry that we change shape from one that is working against the opposition into another that encourages them and allows them back into the game.