1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

not606 Official Norwich City Transfer Rumour Thread - January Window 2013

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Dec 5, 2012.

1. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

He can go get a kebab on the uxbridge road

2. Hucks for Manager!

Hucks for Manager! Well-Known Member

Understand we tried everything to get Hooper but we still have as many strikers as we started off with on January 1st. Let's hope Becchio doesn't flop or we could be in trouble. <ok>

3. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

..............as I said, a loan who's a nobody and a swap, brilliant. Well we've all known since day one in August that we needed a striker, is Becchio really the answer ? Hmm, we'll see ............

4. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

EUROPEAN LATEST

European football expert Andy Brassell: "Speaking of Dutch players, there's still the smallest glimmer that a late, late Ricky van Wolfswinkel move might happen - because reports in Portugal have Sporting close to agreeing a loan move for Porto's Brazilian striker Kléber as his replacement. They'd better get their skates on&#8230;a rare done deal in Portugal is Benfica sealing a deal for 20-year-old left-back Bryan, who has arrived from America Mineiro."

5. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

We didn't have that little bit more cash that we needed. Anyone else we could have got would have been considered dross.

We'll get Hooper in the Summer at half the price.

6. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

7. Muzinics_milkman

Muzinics_milkman New Member

There'll be better options than Hooper in the Summer at half the price.

8. Beefforhire-NCFC

Agreed.

9. bedfordcanary

bedfordcanary Well-Known Member

Van Wolfswinkel on loan with a view to 12m at end of the season if we stay up? Long shot lol

John Gudetti on loan? (can we get players on loan from prem clubs after the deadline?)

The tweet said no more business TODAY... :grin:

10. Pablofarmer

Pablofarmer Active Member

Now I want a kebab! Thanks a lot!

11. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

Go fill your boots Pablo <ok>

12. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Apparently we bid £9 million for Hooper and Celtic rejected it, despite supposedly holding out for only £8 million. Far more than he is worth and I'm glad we're not getting conned. What is funny is that Hooper will leave Celtic for free when his contract runs out!

13. toastehmonstah

toastehmonstah Active Member

wish we'd get wolfwilly in...

14. BillyNCFC

BillyNCFC Well-Known Member

I'll be honest I really was expecting someone else to come in either hooper and/or davies. So been slightly anticlimactic these last few hours. Hope Kamara and Becchio will give us the boost we need to stay up and then push on with another window in the summer where hopefully hughtons scouts can get us some more gems!

15. Beefforhire-NCFC

I can't help but think the Doyle/Jackson/Hooper thing was a merry-go-round that stalled because of the failed medical...

16. Goldeneye175

Goldeneye175 Active Member

Our 5 strikers have scored 9 goals this season, despite the fact that we are entering February - a return of 1.5/month

This is even more pathetic especially when you consider that in terms of the value that those goals provided was 3 points vs. Arsenal by Holt, and 1 point vs. QPR by Jackson

Our NEW striker, Becchio, has scored 20 goals already this season :eek:

---

Positives:

1) Morison has gone (this will please many fans, looks useless this season, replaced with a striker who has already scored 20 goals this season - fantastic!)
    2) Kamara has signed (will provide a good 3rd/4th option alongside Jackson)
    3) Becchio has signed (FINALLY we can play two decent strikers together or if needs be give Holt a rest)
    4) Camp has signed (goalkeeping cover for rest of season and competition to keep Bunn on his toes)

---

Negatives:

1) Barnett is still here
    2) Lappin left (this is sad as I thought he was a useful utility player)
    3) Garrido wasn't made permanent
    4) We mugged Leeds AGAIN (4th consecutive window - Feeds United is for real now - is there anyone left at Leeds who would be worthy/quality to play for us? :p)

---

My XI:

Becchio Holt
    Pilkington-Hoolahan-Fox/Johnson/Tettey-Snodgrass
    Garrido-Bassong-Turner-Whittaker
    Bunn

Strong 4-4-2 - either traditional or diamond - has a better balance to it.

---

Thoughts?

17. gruffnuts

gruffnuts Active Member

I actually think kamara is going to prove a great piece of business - if the fans give him a chance... Gutted not to get hooper but not worried about staying up and we have saved £8 million for an exciting summer...

18. BillyNCFC

BillyNCFC Well-Known Member

Remember McNally saying Hughton didn't spend his whole budget in the summer, he obviously hasn't spent his budget this window. All things going well could be a substantial kitty for the summer to mould the squad

19. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

This has probably been the ****test transfer window in a while all round quite lifeless. QPR flinging wads of cash at anyone who can kick a ball, Newcastle being linked with half of Ligue One, Beckham to PSG, the Balotelli has sent a text/has made a phone call to his agent/spotted at airport/has organised removal men/appoints estate agent.

We've not done too bad considering there has barely been much business in the league Becchio is a good addition to the squad and Kamara could prove a good signing I asked American I know who is big football fan and watches MLS about Kamara here was the response.

'Kamara is a CF who can play winger in a 4-3-3. Athletic. good work rate and will track back to help on defence. won't amaze anyone with skill. has ok finishing but he makes amazing gaffs. and terrible haircuts'

Really glad we didn't get mugged by Celtic for Hooper, we can sign a better player in summer who will be a million times better. One big positive we've at least strengthened in a area where we were really weak Holt has some real competition now.

20. toastehmonstah

toastehmonstah Active Member

hope this means we're gonna spaff loads of money in the summer, or snatch wolfswinkel on a loan-to-buy deal when the loan window opens