1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not606 GPRO Team

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by El_Bando, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Tezcat

Tezcat New Member

I'm going for a full wet set up and hoping 3/4 of the race will be wet. Gambling on that with my fuel strategy.

2. Sportydan

Sportydan Active Member

Looks like its going to be a strange unpredictable race, going for a half wet set up

3. TheModestMatt

TheModestMatt Member

Its so gonna stop raining after the first few laps, top 2 in the championship are on dry tyres, never a good sign :s. Good luck guys.

4. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Crap, crap, crap! Could of scored points but I set it so I did not come in for wet tyres <doh>. If I had then I would of scored points. <grr> But instead I just slipped down the field. <wah>

5. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ah, so irritated, I don't know what went wrong! I was running in second until the rain came at the end, and then for some reason he didn't pit! All my race set-up was for him to pit, but he didn't, stayed out for 5 laps on the wrong tyres, then pitted for a technical problem, and the pit crew gave him dry tyres again! Ended up finishing 13th.

6. TheModestMatt

TheModestMatt Member

That was one of the craziest races. Got the strategy spot on but an awful pit stop for wet tyres at the end cost victory, finished 3rd and the championship leader who started on dry tyres won :p

7. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Season 29 calendar.

1. Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    2. Brasilia (Brazil)
    3. Indianapolis (United States)
    4. Montreal (Canada)
    5. Valencia (Spain)
    6. Fiorano (Italy)
    7. Zolder (Belgium)
    8. Paul Ricard (France)
    9. Istanbul (Turkey)
    10. Nurburgring (Germany)
    11. Anderstorp (Sweden)
    12. Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi)
    13. Sepang (Malaysia)
    14. Irungattukottai (India)
    15. Yeongam (South Korea)
    16. Suzuka (Japan)
    17. Melbourne (Australia)

Testtrack: Ahvenisto (Finland)

First race of S29 is scheduled for 13th of January, first staffmarket will be held on 9th of January.

8. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Thats not too bad a calendar, we've raced at a decent number of those recently, so not too many races which you'll enter blind.

9. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

4th for me tonight, started second, and after my usual dreadful start, never really improved. Solid points though, so pretty happy as all things go. I've been invited to join a team as well, so I'm tempted to take them up on that.

10. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

oh crap, I just remembered I needed to update my engine! bugger!

11. happyal

happyal Active Member

Finish in my normal 13th place. Going to really push at the next race, and if I don't get a result then I'll just resign myself to going back down to Rookie next season.

TBH it won't be the worst thing in the world for me, as it's not much fun going around only to be outside the top 10 all the time.

12. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Yes I know what you mean, I think I could of also prepared better for amateur so going back down to rookie would not be the worst thing at all.

It is a sad state of affairs when 27th is an ok result for me:(. It is not even my race pace that is the problem, that is ok, it is just my qualifying which has been dire so I am starting from about 35th on the grid so I have no chance of doing anything come race day. My three stop strategy was good yesterday but I just started too low down the grid to really benefit from it. My only chance of scoring points is wet races where I am quick, in the first wet race I was 7th but right near the end my driver made a mistake and fell down to 11th, then in the last wet race I was on for points but did not tell my driver to come in for wet tyres when it rains so fell down the field instead. My only other option of not getting relegated is trying to stay in positive balence and hope enough people above me finish in negative balence.

13. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

AARGH! Really annoyed with this race. Running in second, with a strategy I reckoned to be better than the leader. 3rd closing in on me, and he must have pushed me off because I do a lap a minute off the pace, and drop to 15th. Race=Ruined!

Edit: I thought I'd recovered it, fought back up to 4th, then realised because I only had 2 scheduled stops, my third stop was only a 20l safety in case I run out at the end, that means I'll end up 5 stopping overall at this rate. No points for me.

14. happyal

happyal Active Member

I somehow managed to win my race, my first points in Am's and I hope that will see me safe. Plan now is to save money.

15. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Wow congrats! That's surely you safe for this season. I guess it's just a case of saving money now.

16. happyal

happyal Active Member

Thanks, no idea where the win came from, as my pace in the last few races has been aroud 12th. I'm very happy because I too think that's me safe for this season.

How did everyone's race go?

17. inglis11

inglis11 Member

What does the car type mean, when you click into money and car levels theres normally a B, P or H and ive no idea what any of them mean, can any1 help.

18. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

B,P,H,A are the overall characteristics of the oppositions car. You can look up in the in-game wiki what each of them stand for.

19. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

How is the race going everyone?

Despite starting on pole, I've sort of got bogged down in the midfield, stuck behind someone much slower. Not looking too bad though, I'm hoping I can pick up some solid points.

20. happyal

happyal Active Member

Not looking much good for me, I think I'll be about 10-15 in the end.

I'm trying a 2 stopper on soft's and I'm not sure if the tryes will last.