1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Not very United vs rafa united.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sweats, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Was a good match and they played well. Even though it means Pogba plays a bit deeper that, for me, is definitely our best midfield three and definitely our best front three. I can't see how Mhkytarian gets back in, Mata did everything he does not with his constant movement and work rate.

Ashley Young deserves a mention too as he is playing really well at left back.

The only down side is I dropped and broke my S8 having drank a bit too much post match.

Christiansmith likes this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Pogba was very good, real swagger about him. He's going to be the difference in a lot of games you have to keep him fit.

Hope he has an accident that keeps him out a while. :bandit:

3. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

What I suspected (and said here recently) was confirmed on Saturday. Pogba's injury was critical in us going into a difficult period. He provides something that no one else does: he creates more chances for our top 2-3 and provides that attacking instinct which has been absent. He is the now the main man and the downside of this is that we could become overreliant on him and we would struggle in diificult matches in his absence.
    The team was transformed this weekend. There was the attacking swagger and as long as he is playing, we should win our home matches, including City. Away I'm afraid JM's pragmatism will rule and against the bigger teams like City and Arsenal he will set out not to lose first and foremost.

Ashley Young is making himself undroppable and his crosses are becoming more effective. We have not had effective crossers of the ball since the likes of Giggs and Beckham (from the right side).

The other negative is Lidelof is still a weak link in our defence. He is finding that first season difficult to adjust. And Bailly and Jones seem to be our top pairing at CB.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He ran the show, fair play. It is really good to have him back.

Waste of money though obviously!

Diego likes this.
  5. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Yep <ok>