1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Not going out to watch the Toon vs Huddersfield match thread....with a Christmas twist!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by cronemeister, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I think Perez had another good game.

Robbed of a perfectly good goal, stopped for nowt 1 on 1 , battled throughout and a great pass in out goal .

Diame was bad today but I think bacuna and thst other lad played well tbh and diame and ki were literally not in the game

Warmir Pouchov and Flash like this.
  2. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Ki wasn’t that bad. Diame was poor though, as was Kenedy.

3. Captainchaos.

I agree but Kennedy isn't really a left back and I think the two players Huddersfield had in the middle played very well. Ultimately Kennedy Perez manquillo and rondon provided that but of quality when it mattered.

4. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

Two of those players combined to lay the ball on a plate for Rondon though

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  5. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

They did. But in general they are why we play the way we do. Did well today.

6. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I think what would be a fantastic idea would be to go for Victor Moses. Very handy left wing back. Free up Kenedy and drop Atsu.

Manqy was good enough. He's a limited player, but he tried and got forward, fair play. Perez continues to improve. It's a sensational result, because Rafa teams always improve 2nd half of the season. If we're a long way safe by then, takeover should be inevitable.

7. Captainchaos.

I laughed at Moses in the world cup he just would not stay on his feet . He'll beat a player then go down instinctively.

He's good enough for us regardless but I don't see us getting anyone like that he's more than we'd pay I think.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  8. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree. I thought Perez played well. He doesnt have much of a presence up front so no point playing him on his own but he is the cleverest of our strikers.

Never play Kenedy at left wing back again. He was continually out of position and just hoofed the ball to no one in particular.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Captainchaos. and cronemeister like this.
  9. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

He’s starting to really piss me off at the minute, rarely turns up in games. His stupid little ****ing backheels yesterday to try and get himself out of trouble did the exact opposite. He always looks like he’s limping as well when he’s walking around, has anyone else noticed this? I did notice at the final whistle that he limped away from bench in the background...just as the cameras focussed on Rafa removing his little spectacles in preparation for tucking them into his top pocket.

JakartaToon likes this.
  10. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

They did catch him pulling up a bit after launching a clearance into the stratosphere so he may have just tweaked a muscle.

Think he epitomises the difference in the mentality required to be a winger rather than a defender. He just looked brainless at full-back. Really need to get him forward where he can contribute more and hinder less.

cronemeister likes this.

11. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

I assume you are engaging in conversation so that you can keep your thread up there as the No 1 Match thread for yesterday.

cronemeister likes this.
  12. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Some people.....<whistle>

13. cronemeister

How very dare you :)

jimileysbaldhead and JakartaToon like this.
  14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Problem is Moses is a right wing back. Literally has no left foot whatsoever. I agree with Captain though. As much as I was dismayed with Kenedy's performance, he is playing somewhere he is ill suited to playing, and its ****ing his confidence. Needs must of late with Dummy out. We won't see Kenedy's best until we are back in a 4 with Dummy behind giving him freedom. He looked a bit sick of it on Saturday.

15. cronemeister

I have to disagree somewhat. He’s a professional footballer and being paid very handsomely to pull on the shirt. Needs must in some situations and it’s at times like this when you see a players true value. Suck it up, dig yer heels in and put in a shift or **** off. Don’t spend your time on the pitch ****ing sulking and mincing about cos you can’t be arsed and don’t like where you’re playing. The important thing is that your out there on the green stuff and not on the bench getting splinters in your ****ing arse. **** can jog on for me now like!

16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I would normally agree but the lad has barely played his normal position all season. Its a role that makes him look bad. Its akin to buying a stapler, then using it as a hammer. It'll work for a while or when needs must, but eventually that stapler is gonna be ****ed off being used as a hammer. That stapler will also at times look not fit for purpose. He has largely just knuckled down and he still hasn't sulked or spoken out. I just think its starting to grind him down now.