1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not for the pc woke brigade this one ..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I have a teacher who also builds guitars (not any that I have) we are starting with the 3 string cigar box, I do have a 6 string semi acoustic but again it's a custom made cigar box with a squier strat neck, that I will progress to, I am only interested in learning very basic blues riffs at the moment and I have already made reasonable progress. I want to use a slide, I am very specific about what I want to achieve at the moment.

I know a lot about specific guitars but have never learned to play, I buy and sell them as a hobby and to self finance stuff that I do want. I bought a lovely Fender semi acoustic a couple of months back, cleaned it up and restrung it and more than doubled my outlay, I did the same with a Yamaha semi acoustic.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Wow! Sorry Jiffie - it looks like I was telling you how to suck eggs!
    You might be able to sort the Floyd Rose out on my Jackson then!!!!!

3. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Hey I listen to any advice, I can't help you out but I know a man who maybe able to, what exactly is the problem?

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Thanks Jiffie - I may take you up on this but it won't be for a while because I'm in the process of renovating my house in Swindon and buying another in Gibraltar (we complete this Friday), so I'm tied up now and the guitars are in storage.
    However, just for info, the bridge is a Floyd Rose and the springs are quite weak. This means that when you tighten one of the bridge tuning pegs to tune one string, the whole bridge action bends slightly towards the neck, knocking out the tuning on all the other strings.
    At some point I will buy another spring to hold the bridge in place. That way the action won't move when I tune a string - but it's not a priority of mine at the moment!
    I love talking about guitars and music though - it's my second love after Bristol City (well, 3rd after Mrs R&W and the family of course!!)

Jiffie likes this.
  5. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

There are plenty of them on ebay and cheap.

I have just bought a Gretsch G1810 Bo Diddley series guitar, check them out, might keep this one.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  6. remembergou

remembergou Active Member