1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich Vs Swansea

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by zogean_king, Apr 21, 2023.

?

Who will win?

1. Norwich

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Draw

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Swansea

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Reading

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Bookmakers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

No, but I actually listen to what the people who ARE involved in the discussion say about how it is done. Are you in the room Gozo?

2. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

3. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

The Bailey article I have in front of me (The Athletic, 30 April 2022) clearly spells out how the recruitment team spent the whole transfer window trying to secure players to fill the three positions Farke wanted filled. Does the fact that we ended up with two of those positions filled by Kabak and Normann and failed to fill the third (a replacement for Buendia) mean that there wasn't agreement about what positions were the priority? Does it mean that Farke didn't agree to the signings we ended up making? I doubt if either Farke or Webber were happy with how the recruitment process had gone but that's a different matter. We can all agree that, given the club's objectives and the recruitment priorities at the start, that window was a failure. But the reasons for that are complex and not usefully compressed into "Webber took things into his own hands and ignored what Farke wanted".

zogean_king and SuffolkCanary like this.
  4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

What I actually said was that Webber and to a lesser extent Farke were ultimately responsible. I'm not anti Webber, but that window was indeed a failure. How much so also depends upon whether anyone sees the recruitment of Normann and Kabak was any kind of 'success'. As I acknowledged before, Webber's recruitment team did better last summer with Núñez and Sara, but although getting Hayden on loan looked ok on paper, his injury problems only allowed 9 starts. I would also question the lack of a fourth CB having let Tomkinson go out on loan. No SD's recruitment process gets things right every time but we have to hope Webber manages a better outcome this summer and establishes better links with fans going forward.