1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich v Newcastle

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by SuffolkCanary, Apr 23, 2022.

?

What’s the result?

1. Norwich Win

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Newcastle Win

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

To be fair I don’t think either of them have really been gloating as it goes. Defending the Saudi issue (which is a legitimate debate), but I don’t think they’re really trolling or anything.

2. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

In my personal view, American ownership models are a far bigger threat than those from the MENA region.

Farked19 likes this.
  3. Canary Rob

I don’t know. If it meant a draw and a truly competitive league…

4. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

I'm in two minds. Always liked Newcastle, their city and people. Can't stand the Saudis though. A corrupt nation that ranks somewhere around Vlad in terms of probity. Still, good luck to them. NUFC that is.

5. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

Well, we won't be playing them for a long time unless it's in a Cup. There's no way this shower managed by Mr Beige is coming back up next season.

6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I’m not gloating. Read my last posts on here fella.

Canary Rob likes this.
  7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Duncan. Ban lifted. Come say hi.

8. Hamish McMagdad

What's happening at this point of the season is a kick in the bollox and I get that, but you will be back and I'd wager next year again. Your issue may be who goes down with you. I think Watford and Burnley would both relish the Championship and be close for the title, whereas I reckon if Everton go down they'll be like Forrest and be there for years.

Canary Rob likes this.
  9. Canary Rob

I’m not sure about that for Burnley and Watford. I don’t see any difference between this Watford team and the one that went down with us last time - some clear stand out PL quality players but a really dysfunctional squad and club, with their manager sacking policy. I think they will compete, though, because they can spend a lot.

Burnley are more like Everton - but far less cash and an aged squad. They have one or two good players, and some young, so it could be OK for them but if they sell too many and don’t invest well, I can see their position as a bit like Swansea. It will be a rebuilding exercise.

Our problem is a bit different - we will have good young players, an experienced manager, experienced players who have done it before, a bit of cash relative to most other Championship teams, no real standout players to leave and significantly reduce quality. So all sounding really positive - but psychologically there is going to be a huge battle and finishing bottom is always a bad start to the next season.

10. Hamish McMagdad

My issue is that Everton's fans will be their own downfall. They expect success. They remind me of Sunderland fans in that their thinking that the championship will be a stroll in the park, the reality is every team will up their game going to Goodison as their big day out and how they can handle that. The Everton fan base hound out managers before they've even been interviewed, let alone been in the job a few months. A decade or so in the lower leagues may do them some good.

Knowing how the PL operate, just watch the decisions in the next few weeks go against them with regards VAR and Refereeing decisions. The last thing the PL wants to do is sanction Everton for FFP and possible legal cases from other teams who could go down at their expense, when a much easier option from a legal standpoint is Everton not being in the PL and the poor EFL having to handle the mess.

11. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Cynical, but quite possibly correct.

12. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

Mate the PiF is the Saudi

13. chinacanary

Mate the PiF is the Saudi sovereign investment fund, at its head is MBS, the defacto leader of Saudi. A quick Google of the facts might strengthen your defence. Or not.

14. Hamish McMagdad

not quite sure what your issue is to be fair? So the blood money quip is stated because of the war in Yemen. The Saudi’s honouring their alliance with the Yemen state after they were overthrown by terrorists unlike us and the USA in Ukraine.

or are you telling me the British government don’t assisinate people? Or the the USA don’t use the death penalty? And as for the western world now been run by the snowflake brigade no wonder they take their time in changing their religious beliefs but hey ho just crack on and believe the media hyperbole as they bought NUFC and not Man Utd or Liverpool.

15. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

It would be nice to keep these threads on match day comments and not people spouting on about how grand and special their club and owners are.
    Just a thought.

16. chinacanary

MBS is to Putin what Modri is to MBS, that'd be my issue. No wonder they take their time in changing their religious beliefs? Are you on crack mate? You're just using gammon word salad to come up with chips and gravy. Twat. Ta Ra