1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich v Millwall revenge match

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Who will win

1. Norwich

80.0%
  2. Draw

20.0%
  3. The Wall

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I was just saying that to a fellow fan an hour ago!!

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Stop using FML language :)

JM Fan likes this.
  3. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I did actually say that on here after the game :emoticon-0136-giggl

RiverEndRick, JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

So did you say this as well FML, as that was what I was saying prior to reading this article - "The key to this success is two-fold and centres around the midfield. The defensive duo of Tom Trybull and Alex Tettey provide steel and in Trybull, passing ability to start attacks after they have won the ball.
    More often than not, the ball is given to James Maddison or Alex Pritchard and they are the players that cause the damage. There have been times recently when due to injury, we have only had James Maddison from that quartet and that`s going to hurt any side in the league, if you lose three of your best midfielders.
    There are of course other decent players that are also important, like the partnership that Timm Klose and Grant Hanley are currently forging, Angus Gunn in goal and then we have the little gem that is Jamal Lewis.
    "

Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=516489#ixzz532k6T7tV

Edit - Hope this works - http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/highlights-of-city-s-2-1-win-over-millwall-1-5339738

5. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Is Klose and Hanley looking better than Klose and Zimmermann? I thought Zimmermann looked a good signing at the start of the season. I think both Zimmermann and Hanley have had good and bad games. Good to seen Hanley stepping up. The competition for places there is obviously working well. I hope we don't sell Klose, as has been suggested in some quarters.

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Ok facts .
    We have lost more games than we have won 9 wins 10 losses.
    We have The 4th worst goals scored tally 26 and even though we have had hundreds of millions pumped into the club with TV revenue and player sales we are financially screwed and will have to sell players to stay afloat.

1950s will praise the board no matter what they do and thinks fans expecting to beat Burton Albion and Millwall is unreasonable and Rick will get a hard on over James Husband registering 6.6 on some statto website .

You two may be over the moon with how things have panned out over this season but I expect more from my club.

7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

IMO, we have the almost luxury of 3 decent CBs to choose from and I think any 2 can form a decent pairing.

carrowcanario and canary-dave like this.
  8. DUNCAN DONUTS

We have conceded 31 goals in 26 games and average 1 goal a game scored .
    Hanley and Zimmermann look like an improvement on the last few season with Bassong and Martin at the back but unless we start scoring more than we concede it will not be good enough and any half decent bid for Klose and he'll be off to balance the books.

9. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

The 'fact' in question was your claim that we were behind "most of the match against Millwall" when it was actually only 8 minutes, as Dave pointed out. Nobody is very pleased with how things have gone so far, but for me that's hardly surprising given the restructuring we've been through. At last almost all of our injured players are back and playing well and Lewis has excelled himself so far and that's a huge bonus. There are hard games coming up but I'm sensing that we'll be ready for them now. Live in negativity if you like, but that's not for me.

General Melchett likes this.
  10. RiverEndRick

I also feel that both Zimmerman and Hanley have settled in well now and Klose is back to his best. I also hope that he stays, especially as he is our only CB who is comfortable playing on the left. Both he and Josh need to help Lewis develop his obvious skills and those partnerships will be crucial for the rest of the season.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

You're right in start you say, but for several games we beat to manage without 'TettBull' and Stieperman at LB. As FML pointed out, Lewis and Murphy are forming an excellent pairing and assuming both stay fit, I predict that our opponents will have fewer opportunities to score down their right wing.
    As others have pointed out - this is and always was going to be a season of transportation!!!!

12. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Beam me up, Scotty <ok>

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  13. DUNCAN DONUTS

I'm not living in negativity the league table is not subjective it's an accurate reflection of how well each team has performed.
    The best team has 59 points the worst 22 Norwich are on 34 with a negative goal ratio of -5.
    We can all cross our fingers and hope to improve but we have been very poor so far .
    Should of been transformation you pre maddona.

14. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

We are nearer to a playoff place than a relegation one. When the club changed the way it has been run for many years and said was a transition season . What did supporters expect ?

15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Were you an English teacher in a previous life???? <laugh>

16. RiverEndRick

Given that we've taken 7 points from the last 3 games we have improved. We've also successfully brought another youth player into the first team and he looks to be a great prospect for the future. I'm not expecting us to push for the playoffs, but we now have a good chance to do better over the rest of this season and go into next season in a much stronger position. I'll settle for that.

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I have to agree Rick!! <applause>

18. RiverEndRick

There's also the cheerful news that the Binners are losing 4-1 at Fulham and they've had a player sent off.

19. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

A straight red too.
    The bottom of the PL is looking interesting with a slight gap opening up West Brom and Swansea.

20. DUNCAN DONUTS

Wildshutt £7m what the hell were we thinking ?