1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich v Bristol City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Amen :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

2. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Recipe for disaster.

Our keeper and centre backs are performing heroics keeping score lines respectable.

Our strikers are operating on worse than starvation rations and having to provide their own assists - Wells 2, Semenyo 4 and Martin 5.

The full backs are poor at defending and attacking.

Our midfield, I will just leave this stat with you - none of our present midfield options have a single assist to their name, Paterson has 2 and Odowda has 1.

What was the lyric from the strange song by Richard Harris Mcarthur Park? "someone left a cake out in the rain".

3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

My point was, and maybe I didn’t make it well, was I’m not sure he is good over a medium to long term, I agreed he’s exceptional at turning things around quickly and also at getting promotion out of the championship, as the record shows, however he doesn’t have a great deal of success thereafter, also as the record shows

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

We can only dream of a manager of his standard as he is not a yes man.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

McCARTHY SET FOR CARDIFF JOB

Mick McCarthy is set to be appointed Cardiff manager, Sky Sports News understands

It didn't take them long if true to appoint a manager, it makes you question the length of time it took MA and co to appoint DH.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Being as a club we normally go for the cheap option.....in Dean's case, already being on the doorstep should have taken us half hour tops!!

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but over the past 8 seasons, that is 24 promoted teams into the premiership, only 6 managers managed to keep their jobs for more than a season so far after promotion and out of last years 3 promoted teams Bilic has already gone and Wilder (who is one who has kept his job) is almost certainly a deadman walking and a significant amount of teams have been relegated in their first or second season.

So that hardly makes Warnock a phenomena in regards to lack of success after promotion.

Redprintt likes this.
  8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Have you got a Warnock pillow to go with your SoD duvet?

AshtonRed and raver like this.
  9. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Bubble not burst, my point still stands, I didn’t suggest he was alone, I was pointing out whilst he’s good at short term he doesn’t have a record of staying long at clubs and progressing them long term.

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

People are complimenting Warnock and the job he is currently doing at M/boro, which I agree with incidently and some are knocking Deano, do they realise that they are 7th in the league and we stand at 9th and there is only a 3 point gap, I think DH is doing ok so far in comparison.

11. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Remove Nuno and the huge budget he had in the championship and premiership and maybe depending on how this season pans out Smith at Villa another with a huge budget in the championship and premiership (last seasons biggest spenders). You are left with the sum total of Sean Dyche, not easy is it?

12. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Good luck with that one

13. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Playing top teams weaknesses exposed below mid table wins!! Soooo is the glass half empty or full and does one swallow equal summer or a confused swallow???