1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich v Bristol City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

If there are 2 worse full backs in this division I have not seen them.

No shots on target again, Bentley, Kalas, Mawson and especially Nagy can hold their heads up, the rest were poor.

Their 2nd goal should never have been allowed, Hughill basically assaulted Rowe in the build up and the referee not only missed that but also should have stopped the game, he had no idea whether or not it was a head injury or not.

Yet again poor full backs and totally disorganised and non creative midfield, but hey that has been 4 years in the making and counting.

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

See we went with the old trusting let’s play 4 up front again when they were all over us in midfield and defence. Put an extra person in midfield or defence to frustrate them not ****ing giving them even more space.

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Norwich were better all over the park with the exception possibly of goalkeeper.
    Better pressing
    Better passing
    Better tackling
    Better corners
    Better vision
    Better positioning

Talk of controversy around the goals are piss in the wind. If Norwich hadn’t won it would have been an absolute shock.
    2-0 to the best team in the league isn’t a humiliation but it does show the gulf we need to bridge if we realistically want the Prem

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

We have a good keeper, 2 good centre backs and strikers who are being totally beaten into submission by the lack of any opportunities created by non productive full backs and midfield, but as I say this is not something that has just happened this season.

This situation has been ongoing and neglected for far too long.

bcfcredandwhite and Redprintt like this.
  5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The commentator said it all when it was said right at the end of the game. "Bristol City have a great stadium along with tremendous support but they seem to have a constant lack of ability to move upwards". I think that was the absolute true definition of who we are and seeing today's dismal performance highlighted our true lack of commitment to becoming better and moving forward. Quite frankly today was really no different than 90% of our performances over the last too many years and as I have said many times that unless our owner hires the right people to run the footballing side of his sports empire then he really is doomed to the same indifference and apathy on the part of the ones who help pay his bills. The right person at the helm of our club will never happen because nodding dogs would never apply if there was a vacancy because they know better.

6. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

What is piss in the wind is a referee not doing his job, it's not good enough. it's not an excuse it's a fact, they would have still won.

7. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

It's not the result, as you say, we would expect to lose away to a team that is top of the league, but it's the performance, we offered ZERO as a threat, barely strung 2 passes together, especially if they were forward passes. We had no invention or clue what to do in the final third, it was embarrassing.
    This has been the way far too many times this season

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Norwich won at a Cantwell. Tommy Rowe get up and dont do that again. Gerry Gow played at this club.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

And they didn't even have Pukki who would have had a field day with the poor defending but a thank you must go to Bentley because yet again he saved us from embarrassment. Surely some more committed club must come calling for Bentley some day soon.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  10. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Totally agree, but this is no different to the way it has been for 2.5 seasons now.

LJ and now Holden have totally ignored our midfield during that time and both have been unable to find reliable FIT full backs since we got promoted.

I can't wait for Holden to shoot the **** tonight in his post match interview.

Our strikers must be totally depressed.

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Poor result, poor performance and poor old Bristol City fans.

12. RedorDead

Do you actually watch the game?
    The central defenders were not the problem.

Jiffie and Supcon72 like this.
  13. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    Versus
    please log in to view this image

14. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Going into the last minute of normal time, we have a throw in deep inside the Norwich half, 2 passes later it's at the feet of Bentley.

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Spot on Kalas and Mawson kept the score respectable, they were excellent.

The full backs were the defensive problem, getting easily skinned, out of position, totally unaware of where the players they were supposed to be marking were and offering nothing in an attacking sense, they are unfit for purpose along with our midfield, except Nagy who played well tonight but sadly on his own.

16. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

It's OK blaming full backs but the wide players in front were inept and not a surprise to see both subbed.
    I felt sorry for Vyner, he does a job but he's a defender playing in midfield.
    Adelkun, Palmer - Semenyo, Wells and Massengo when they came on just show we are miles away. Made worse by such an unbalanced set up.
    Mawson, Kalas and Bentley - I wouldn't give tuppence for the rest.

It looks worse playing Norwich, the best side by a distance that I've seen this season.

17. RedorDead

In fairness to Wells, we took a good goal scorer from QPR and play him out on the wing. We start playing Palmer who could play the ball to Wells feet in positions he’s good at but not play them together.
    He’s always been a sulky looking player where ever I’ve seen him play but he must be wondering what the **** have I done signing here.

oneforthebristolcity and Jiffie like this.
  18. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

WOULD AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY maybe we shold play 3 - 4 - 3 !

19. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Pretty much agree about Wells, I mentioned an unbalanced set up. Disagree about Palmer. No doubt he's got great ability but, as said more than once, that he flatters to deceive.
    He'll retire in years to come regretting he wasted such undoubted talent.

20. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Can’t argue with this, however much I want to.....

Redprintt likes this.