1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Norwich H preview

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Next up, a fun derby tie with Norwich. This will reveal more about what we're likely to do this season.

Hoping Garner is back, think he'll cause problems. Please start Spence.

Olivera has stirred things ( though has a point )

Norwich started the opposite to us, infact are unbeaten since the fiasco at Millwall. Poor H result to Burton 0-0, however a win at the Boro. Seem to have massively tightened up since Millwall and am assuming altered how they're going to play.

As for us, well for once I don't know what to say. Will we go 4-3-3 / 3-5-2 / 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 what f***ing system are we going to play!? For that reason alone, for once, I'm not going to predict a scoreline now I'll need to give it some thought when I see the teamsheet.

Love ya Mick but surely you, of ALL people, realise you cannot chop and change systems as much as you are right now. It's not pre season. I'll give you injuries, sure a mess. I actually think you've signed very well. I'm however not remotely impressed with your handling of the team you've assembled this season.

2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I'm just praying that Garner and Adayemi are back and fit enough to play. We haven't looked the same without Adayemi's physicality in the middle (although Nydam and Downes have acquitted themselves well) and Garner was a big miss at the weekend as no one else is capable of being such an absolute @rse and niggly cant to opposition defenders as him.

We need to pick a back 4 (or back 3) and stick with, I don't know how many variations we've had at the back but I'd expect us to concede another sloppy goal this weekend (probably Olivera scoring) and now we have a group of defenders to chose from we need some stability.

I think this has cagey stalemate written all over it.

3. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Have no fear gents - i have a 100% record when going to this fixture (albeit it 1 out of 1, but that was the infamous Gunn air kick)

I'll go for another 1-1 draw - and agreed, hopefully Adeyami and Garner are back (especially Adeyami)

4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

2-1 town.

5. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Nydam and Iorfa dropped for this one, hopefully Adeyemi and Garner will be fit.
    We are well overdue due a win so I'll go for 2-1 Town.

Bart
    Spence
    Webster
    Chambo
    Knudsen
    Adeyemi
    Skuse
    Waggy
    Celina
    McG
    Garner

Nuggets likes this.
  6. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

We are at home so lets field our strongest available attacking side and bloody go for it!!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  7. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Morning all, I have to say I'm not as confident as I have been in our previous meetings but I hope we give you a good game.

Good luck for the rest of the season

Nuggets and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  8. Westlake33

Hey Dave - it looks the most level playing field for a number of years doesn't it I'd say. Perhaps since 02/03 when we came 7th and 8th?

I would fancy nicking it due to being at home, IF 4-4-2, IF Garner / Adeyemi and Spence were in the line up. However I just along with the rest of us have zero idea what system Mick will go with so it makes doing a preview and thoughts somewhat difficult.

I would imagine we'll go 4-4-2. If Garner isn't fit, we'll struggle.

canary-dave likes this.
  9. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Got tickets for this one too, feeling a little cautious. Norwich has a strong squad and can claim that they are a big Championship clubs these days. We struggle against the type of quality Norwich have, and the 'best' team we have beaten this season, in terms of current league standings, is Millwall at 17th. Norwich play the type of football we typically struggle against (attacking, attractive, and pressing football). Our recent record against the Budgies has been pretty poor, last time we beat them was the 3-2 win in 2009 (back in the Magilton era) with goals from Alan Quinn, Giovanni Dos Santos, and Jon Stead!

Having said that, we've arguably got one of our best squads (on paper) for a few years and our strikers can be deadly efficient when they get opportunities, and you fancy there will be plenty of those in the local derby. I'll be unoriginal and predict a 1-1 draw.

10. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Not sure if that is still the case to be honest, they have developed a far more stubborn and disciplined approach in recent weeks, particularly after their undoing at the Den. They've been pretty resolute and their results since then have been pretty binary with a few 1-0 wins in amongst a spattering of 0-0 draws. In fact I'd say they're not too dissimilar to how we have been set up under Mick in his time with us..

The difference being that they perhaps have a bit more quality (or at least depth) in their squad and the possibility of a manager who is willing to develop his style to be more pleasing on the eye.

11. ostlan

ostlan Active Member

As long as we start with Natasha Thomas, Cassie Craddock and Miagh Downey up front we should be ok! :)

12. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Garner and Adayemi apparently both fit and available to play this weekend, which will be a massive boost.

Other than Huws and perhaps Smith, we are close to something like a full strength squad (cue an injury or two this weekend)

13. Westlake33

Okay, having read the TWTD preview a lot more confident. Appears we're FINALLY going to get a back four of Knudsen/Webster/Chambers/Spence. Garner + Adeyemi fit.

I like the suggestion of both teams they think on TWTD, with Nydam OR Celina being the main question. Have a feeling we'll start with Nydam.

Fancy us to nick this now. YES they are on form, however are missing several players such as Pritchard that I would imagine would start. We're due a win vs them, and surely this poses our best opportunity in many a year?

2-1 town.

14. stretchyboy

Depends on the weather. If it's this windy tomorrow, then we've no chance and it'll scupper our plans.

15. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Getting unusually excited about this one. First, I hope everyone who goes to the game a cracking afternoon.
    Next, potentially we have the best team in the field for months.....Third, if only MM gives them their head and let them play.

3-1 long overdue beating budgies and signals a new fresh surge in our fortunes.

Mines an Adnams please, overflowing with joy, at the pub, after the game. I will be watching Sky down our local.

COYBs

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  16. stretchyboy

I'll be there.. my first derby since Gunn's winner.
    Anyone else Going? I'm also proper excited..but town have deflated my excitement on many occasions

17. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Whatever the outcome let's hope for a good game with no interference from the officials OTBC

Westlake33 likes this.
  18. Westlake33

You mean like last season when Douglas had a goal wrongly chalked off ;) Both had some dodgy decisions. Like when Holt should have got sent off within minutes in your 4-1 win also come to think of it! You've perhaps had the Haynes dodgy goal for our last win at your ground. No doubt a few others over the years!?

Agree, need a good ref...

19. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Come on Ipswich!

20. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Lively opener. Lots of shots! Positive.

COYBs