1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Norwich City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by NickH, Sep 21, 2017.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I didn't really have doubts and although last season was terrible, we were not getting thrashed, most defeats by the odd goal, which said to me, we were not far off a good side.......I could see what LJ was trying to do.......you could say it needed tweaking! And as i keep saying, there was no one out there that filled me with confidence to do any better..
    NB. We would have been relegated had SC stayed as he would not change his ways.
    I think that many of our fans will NEVER warm to LJ (unless he wins us the Champions League) but that's their right.
    I'm proud of our club (not many around anymore) that never issued the knee jerk reactions so many clubs do today and backed our man in charge....
    And yes, one day it will end in tears (85%+ of managers are sacked) and the haters will get what they want, I'm not sure how much success that will bring though....
    LJ is still learning his trade and still in my opinion, not doing such a bad job.....long may it continue..

Supcon72 and RedorDead like this.
  2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Our high press all action approach has given us a great start.
    We've surprised the league so far, it won't be long before teams work us out.
    By then I hope we have enough points to keep us up.

NickH likes this.
  3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I think that's what happened to us last season, so I'd be surprised if teams have been caught out again by it this season. Our run at the end of last season and this seasons start are all,positive signs after a really bad spell last season, I don't think we will see a run like that again.

4. manxrobin

manxrobin Well-Known Member

The progression is there for everyone to see. We started the season scoring all our goals in the first half, and have now progressed to scoring our goals in the second half.
    The worrying aspect is where we go from there.

Seriously though the brand of football we have played since the international break is the best I can remember.

AshtonRed likes this.
  5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Gary Rowett said during the cup draw that our style of play is similar to premiership style with the high press. Yes there will be some teams that will counteract it, Millwall it from what I heard (I was on holiday).
    What has impressed me this season compared to last is;
    Bobby Reid is now playing more forward is giving him more space and becoming a goal poacher.
    The whole squad seem to be playing the same way as each other. No maverick players wanting to be the saviour.
    A few of us speculated, that why the improvement came after JP left? That could be a list of things but it worked in our favour. But looking at Jamie Mac shouting his instructions on the touch line has got them organised at the back and throughout the team.
    Last season only one game stood out as a great game to watch during the good start and that was Villa. The others were more either lucky escapes that seemed to catch up with us.
    This season it's fantastic to watch and taking customers who watched as naturals on Saturday were impressed to see us play.
    One swallow does not make a summer, but one skein of geese, cleaving the murk of March thaw, is the Spring.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  6. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

RoD - are you actually Eric Cantona in disguise??

7. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I think you deserve a medal.. I'll have a look on eBay and see if I can find one for you.. I'll drop it in the shop for you!!

8. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Cheers I would like a big one like Muttley used to get from Dastardly Also it would have to have Red and White Ribbons with 'LJ is God' emblazoned across it. Do you think you will be able to get it to the shop for the Bolton game Tuesday or should I wait for the Burton game?

9. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Awww, you should have said earlier.. I already had the script done!

It says "Bristol Citys no 1 (self appointed) fan...

10. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I'll take it but it's open to interpretation if it means fan of Bristol city's no 1 then it's accurate if it means Bristol Citys best fan then surely it should go to Red Robin for his unerring support

banksyisourhero likes this.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

We had a decent start last year and then flirted with relegation for a lot of the season.

And that's why in September, I refuse to get carried away.

If the results and performances continue and we are in this position or better come next March, I promise to get excited.