1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich City v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by woodbine, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Newforest Yellow

Alex Neil: "Our decision-making at the back was poor to say the least. We couldn't defend our box. It's concerning." #ncfc

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

3. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

No **** Shirlock.

4. Binomial

Binomial Well-Known Member

hats off to you guys, completely nullified us for the best part of an hour, and played some real good football.

unfortunately you need to defend better to stay in this league, and for a poor side as was are atm to score 5....don't think we've scored more than 3 in the league since last april...

hoping you guys stay up and villa sunderland and newcastle go down.. get tettey back in for howson/dorrans and that's your best XI imo

danary, Canary Rob and bedfordcanary like this.
  5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

With a non-existent defence, we were never going to beat any team, let alone Liverpool.
    Let's hope neither Martin or Hoolahan are in the starting 11 V Spurs!!!

carrowcanario likes this.
  6. Binomial

Binomial Well-Known Member

that said, looks like watford doing you guys a favour

7. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

Dear Lord the world is ending yada yada I'm not saying all is great but 5-4 against am established PL side who spend more on one player than our team.

Losing 3,4 or 5 nil is a disaster but 5-4 at least were scoring. I'll wager a few years ago under Lambert most would've be raving a 9 goal thriller.

Let's give the new signings a chance maybe Klose will be the defender to rally them or maybe we'll get another one in too. Imho doing a 5-4 against Liverpool is NOT the end of the world.

8. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

On the up side I felt Mbokani led the line really well, scored a good goal, dominated in the air and worked his socks off. Naismith looks like a good acquisition and hopefully the two of them will prove an effective partnership.

Flip side is the defence is woeful. How did Martin get the nod over Bennett? I know none of the back four covered themselves in glory but Martin gave one of the worst individual defensive displays I have ever seen in a Norwich shirt. Perhaps the time has come to say thanks for the memories but maybe you'd be better off joining Lambo and the rest of the Norwich veterans.

JM Fan and bedfordcanary like this.
  9. Hucks for Manager!

Hucks for Manager! Well-Known Member

It's the manner of it mate. Mbokani's back heel, Naismith's goal and Bassong's equaliser all had me on the ceiling. To say we were brought back down with a thud is an understatement. We couldn't hold on for two minutes... Frustrating, confusing and devastating.

JM Fan and General Melchett like this.
  10. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

What worries me about the Russell Martin situation is that we can all see he's not a centre back and no longer a decent fullback or captain. Why can't the manager see it.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Spot on ILD and the sooner he is relieved of the captaincy the better!! <ok>

stilljaroldcanary likes this.
  12. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

Maybe this is the point where AN has to make some tough decisions regarding the skipper.

At the minute we simply don't seem to have a back four. It has basically been Bassong and three others. We have tried four right backs, we don't have a fixed left back and we don't have a centre half partnership. For me this suggests a lot of players of similar ability.

Hopefully Klose will nail down a position and AN will find the right partner for him and we can build from there.

13. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

Just back from the game - first I have been able to attend since 12th Sept - and, whilst disappointed at the result and the defending, I think the doom and gloom on here is a bit OTT. There were good signs going forward with Wes, Mbokani and Naismith linking well and, although most will disagree, I thought Redmond had a good first half. Whilst Dorrans and Howson were quite poor in defensive roles we do have Tettey to come back with all the protection he gives to the back 4. Pinto can only get better as he gets used to the pace of the EPL and we do have Klose to come in and he must be an improvement on Martin - what the hell was he doing - or Bassong - who just went AWOL far too often. Again I will suggest something most won't like on here. I do not think City would have lost if Ruddy had been in goal. Rudd just does not know how ' to make himself big ' and is reluctant to come off his line. Brady should have put the ball out for a corner before the winning goal but I suspect that Ruddy would have taken him and the ball out to take the options away.

14. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Naismith for captain once he's acclimatised.
    No nonsense, covers the pitch, and a leader ?

15. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

A bit harsh on Wes. I hope to see Ruddy and Tettey back next week along with the inclusion of Klose plus, possibly A N Other, otherwise I fear Kane and Alli will run riot.

16. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

Yes shambolic defending at the end - Brady could have clipped it away for a corner or let it drop over his shoulder and whacked it away[/QUOTE]

17. ilovedelia

Anyone could do better than Russell Martin. Naismith was excellent.

18. ilovedelia

9 goals and neither keeper made a save. I don't blame Declan at all, the cover in front of him was atrocious.

Walsh.i.am, JM Fan and bedfordcanary like this.
  19. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

looks like other results have saved us a bit today

20. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Ok,

We were 3-1 up. We lost 4-5.

It just shouldn't happen. I. Get people saying "oh it's not that bad" but 14 goals in 4 games are you for real?

It's ****. However you look at it, sorry.

If you want to choose to look at the positives that's just fine but back in the real world your just not going to stay up conceding that many goals.

So at the end of the season when we do go down, maybe on GD do you just say "that's ok, we competed".

We can change this, it's in the clubs power.

bedfordcanary and ilovedelia like this.