1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich city v Blackburn

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Apr 23, 2019.

?

Who shall win?

1. Norwich

61.9%
  2. Draw

4.8%
  3. Blackburn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Reading

33.3%
  1. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Only just noticed Blackburn got 6 points over Easter...:emoticon-0120-doh:

2. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Yeah, four wins in row for them. I'm sure DF will point that out to the players and they will know what to expect and be ready.

3. Forgot_My_Lines

Wow really!?

Sh*t.....

4. Canary Spring

Sorry, FML. :emoticon-0100-smile I think it's good, though. Our players will be confident and still know they have to play well against a weaker, but inform, team. :emoticon-0165-muscl

5. Forgot_My_Lines

4 wins vs 4 draws. Which one is the weaker team?

:emoticon-0105-wink:

6. Canary Spring

<laugh> They are - and anyone else that plays against us.:emoticon-0116-evilg

7. Forgot_My_Lines

Apart from the last 4 games. Where they were equal to us.

Canary Spring likes this.
  8. Forgot_My_Lines

That's a blow!

9. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

11. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

That makes sense re: Thompson. With no Trybull does that mean Tettey's back? Knowing Farke the fewer changes the better but how about Godfrey step forward into DM and Klose drop back in to CB. Not going to happen tho is it. <laugh>

RiverEndRick and JM Fan like this.
  12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

If it doubles Ben's market value, give it a go!
    We're bound to lose at least 2 or 3 of our young 'starlets'. Emi, Ben and Max,for example - although after a successful season and on Webber's terms these next two windows will hopefully be more about retaining than replacing playing staff. <ok>

13. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Ben's value is now.being quoted as £15m for interested partys, Arsenal, Liverpool and Lyon, in various articles. If another article quotes £20 m, then all future articles will quote this figure. Note to SW, get article printed stating Ben's value is £40m. Simple.

JM Fan and chinacanary like this.
  14. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

I hope the team are enticed to stay together, though money talks. If players leave and we get a monster war chest we could raid the German leagues again for more bargains and rebuild the stadium with the spare change

JM Fan likes this.
  15. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

It would be nice (overly romantic, idealistic?) to suggest the guys who helped us get there should have the opportunity to help keep us up there - but you'll never change the fact that we're poor little old NCFC with no wealthy backers. Perceived progress on the pitch always has and always will involve selling off the highest value assets. Sad but true, as things stand.

chinacanary and JM Fan like this.
  16. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

I was a bit surprised to find out there is a strict dress code for the boxes - no trainers and no football shirts :emoticon-0106-cryin

17. Forgot_My_Lines

Yea, it's a bit annoying that. I just covered my black coat with The Norwich fan badges I bought. Can't remember if I was allowed to wear my Norwich scarf as well. I think I might have took it for a bit of colour.

18. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

I'll have to just play it safe with my NCFC beanie hat then

19. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

*Content alert*

please log in to view this image

Championship leaders Norwich will look to secure the point needed for promotion to the Premier League when they host Blackburn on Saturday night.

The Canaries saw midfielder Emi Buendia return to the starting XI following a three-match suspension for the 2-2 draw with Stoke on Easter Monday.

Mario Vrancic is pressing for a starting place after the midfielder again came off the bench and impressed, helping to set up a second-half goal for Teemu Pukki. Midfielder Tom Trybull had been carrying a knee issue, but was able to start at Stoke before being replaced by Vrancic just before the hour.

Blackburn should have Republic of Ireland defender Darragh Lenihan available as he looks to shake off a bout of illness ahead of the trip to Carrow Road. Richard Smallwood (calf) will be assessed after the midfielder missed the home win over Bolton on Easter Monday.

Fellow midfielder Lewis Travis suffered a dead leg during the first half of that match and had to be substituted, but is expected to be available. On-loan midfielder Harrison Reed has returned to parent club Southampton for treatment on an ankle injury, while forward Dominic Samuel (knee) and midfielder Ben Gladwin (knee) remain out.

Norwich have won four of their last five league games against Blackburn (W4 D1 L0) since losing 0-2 in the Premier League in April 2012.

Blackburn haven't won away at Norwich in a league match since August 1999 under Brian Kidd, drawing four and losing one since then.

A win for Norwich would see them earn as many as 90 points in a league season for only the third time, also doing so in 2003-04 (94 points) and 2009-10 (95), winning their respective leagues in both seasons.
    Blackburn haven't won five consecutive league matches since December 2017, when they were in League One.

Teemu Pukki has scored 28 Championship goals for Norwich this season; the last player to score 30 in a single Championship season was Glenn Murray in 2012-13 for Crystal Palace.

Bradley Dack has been involved in five goals in his last seven league appearances for Blackburn (3 goals, 2 assists).

Prutton's prediction :emoticon-0127-lipss
    Norwich have drawn their last four and appear to be limping over the line a little. They are as good as promoted but they won't want to relinquish the title now to Sheffield United.

JM Fan likes this.
  20. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I'm not sure we'll lose any of our younger players over the summer, unless of course we get offered silly money. I suspect assuming of course we make it to the PL that our squad won't change much at all, other than to finally getting rid of the last few inmates from out 'asylum days', and a few of our more mature players, I can see us keeping our younger players and wouldn't be surprised is all the players we recruit were in their mid 20's or younger.

I think the main reason for us not putting the issue of our promotion to bed is down to fatigue (Leeds seem to be having similar problems) which is not surprising considering our styles of play. I think our style is much more suited to the PL and that fatigue will be less off an issue next season. I can see us doing a Burnley, Huddersfield or Wolves in our first season and doing quiet well.

oldcanariesfan and JM Fan like this.