1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

North Ferriby have undone one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Nov 22, 2017.

1. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

What a mess.

2. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Which is what some people said would happen when he bought it
    Ridiculous so hopefully he’ll get turned over

ImperialTiger and nbetiger like this.
  3. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Some local journo needs to do get some first hand info pretty sharpish.

PLT and nbetiger like this.
  4. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Where have you heard this OLM?

What level would Ferriby go to?

5. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It's from Jamie directly (to Rick) and if Sport England accept the application, then Ferriby would effectively have to start again in NCEL Div 1.

7. Pat E O'Dors

Pat E O'Dors Well-Known Member

Is the ground at Dunswell up to the required standard of the league Ferriby are in at the minute OLM?

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They're about to get relegated to the Isthmian League Premier Division and I doubt their requirements are all that high, but long term it would presumably be an issue. Hopefully, the application will be rejected anyway.

Pat E O'Dors likes this.
  9. Pat E O'Dors

Pat E O'Dors Well-Known Member

Thanks for that OLM. I wasn't sure what league they were in or going to be in. If the ground is going to be an issue it seems a bit pointless doing it then.
    I would agree with rejection as well.

10. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

What this **** doesn't get is that club in friggin' Dunswell isn't ever going to start drawing masses of people to watch, regardless of which lower tier of football it's in.

11. kirkellatiger

kirkellatiger Well-Known Member

What has Dunswell got that Ferriby hasn't :emoticon-0112-wonde

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  12. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

According to Rick, Jamie Waltham reckons that the Hull United thing worked well and he can build on that with a new team in Dunswell. What I don't think he gets is that Hull United had a lot of good will at that point, and the involvement of the likes of Ash and Greavesy drew in the crowds. Waltham's name has a level of toxicity these days, and this move with only add to that. His belief that there is something to build on in Dunswell based on his Hull United experiences is flawed, to say the least.

Slightly related, I've often wondered why no one's ever really tried to launch a serious non-league club out of Beverley. Its population isn't much shy of places like Aldershot and is bigger than other towns in East Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire that have a reasonable non-league football history. There's evidently money there too, and no other sport is dominant in the town. If Waltham were to do something there, he may well be on to something.

PLT likes this.
  13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Even if there were big crowds the idea of buying a league position is ****ty

PLT, Kempton and Stockholm Tiger like this.
  14. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Aldershot has a metropolitan population of nearly 250,000 where they are the nearest club of any note. Not that I can imagine any travelling in to watch them at that level.
    Bransholme has a population slightly larger than Beverley, maybe they should have a team at a different level.
    Having said that maybe Bransholme should have a rugby league team. It has twice the population of Featherstone who have won the Cup 3 times, twice more than Rogers and two more at Wembley than FC. A similar population to Castleford who have won the Cup 4 times and finished way above FC last season.

bum_chinned_crab likes this.
  15. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

Bransholme would fall into being part of Hull, and therefore demonstrably Hull City territory. And fair enough on Aldershot with the wider population (which Beverley has too, but not to that extent, admittedly), but there are still other Conference teams playing from towns around that size. With Beverley, I look at places round here like Goole, North Ferriby, Brigg and Bridlington - all of which have done good things at non-league level at various points - and wonder why there's not really been anything there at a reasonable non-league level. As I said above, it would make much more sense to me than pissing about with a vanity project in Dunswell.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  16. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Is the issue with Beverley the lack of space for a non league ground? The Westwood is the obvious open space but it has never happened there in the past and is unlikely to get the nod now.

Perhaps Hall Road Rangers were the nearest Beverley ever got to a local non league side?

17. Mister Slush

Mister Slush Active Member

I agree about Beverley and I've always maintained that along with Withernsea (and possibly Hedon) they should have a club at least at NCEL (or old Yorkshire League) level. Unlike these two other (smaller) towns, Beverley had several clubs vying for top dog status up until the formation of the Humber Premier League in 2000/01. The current Beverley Town that came about then (I think?) and won back-to-back titles a few years ago originated from the former Old Grammarians side which had to change ground and name due to the new Supply League's rules. They moved to Norwood, traditionally the home of Beverley Town CC. This season they're playing their "home" games at Hutton Cranswick whilst their pitch gets overhauled. I also read somewhere that they're looking at raising funds for a 50-seat stand to be in place for their return next season. From small acorns perhaps...

18. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Considering these respective levels of success how about we have a ‘well done Featherstone / Castleford thread? Why not go whole hog and have one for Batley and Hunslet too?

There is as much chance of it being reciprocated as that other ‘well done’ thread.

19. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I know. I was just having a bit of fun as it shows how the rugby clubs are big fish in a little pond but still underachieve compared to places the same size as Bransholme or half the size.

RichardG likes this.
  20. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it.

Still, biggest derby in the world and all that.