1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

North Ferriby have undone one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Nov 22, 2017.

1. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

It's been around a long time so obviously the owners were responsible. You still get very small clubs doing well (Forest Green Rovers are in the Football League) when they have committed owners. And those beneficiaries who have supported a club would normally leave without letting them be liquidated.

It is relatively unusual for clubs to get liquidated as well, people expect that it won't happen in most instances. There's only a few I can think of even in modern times, like Darlington, Newport, Halifax.

PLT likes this.
  2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

This is bollocks. You can back the petition without actually being a fan. The people who signed it just opposed the idea of changing their name and moving them.

They've gone under because the owner is a prick. Like Allam, that owner loves to push the narrative that it's the fault of their fans. They can't help being small in number, they're from a small place!

newlandcasual likes this.
  3. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Is it true that the cost to the club for their game at Wembley was more than the winnings? If so then the FA has some questions to answer.

4. Wilf Taylor

Wilf Taylor Active Member

Wasn't a lot of that down to the crazy wages they were paying? Anyway good luck to them, I hope Les Hare can pull a rabbit out of the hat (no pun intended) to get them up and running in some form or other for next season.

The B&S Fanclub likes this.
  5. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Are you pro Jamie Waltham then?

6. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

No. I can't say I's him. Whoever he is.

7. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

He was the last owner who owns Dunswell club and wanted to take them there. Were you in agreement with his ideas ? Dunswell is a couple of miles outside Beverley and close to kingswood

8. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I referred to Bev because it has a growing population which may be able to support a non league club, better than NF can. I went to a NF game recently. The crowd was 200. So on that account I suppose I agree with the aforementioned geezer.

9. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I didn't say you had to become a full blown fan, but close to 10,000 signed the petition, if a few more of those local to the area popped down for a game now and then, it would have made a bit of a difference. It certainly would have helped raise the £7,000 odd that was quoted.

Many of the people that go to Ferriby I recognise from City, there are very few actual North Ferriby fans. 3,000 went down to Wembley to support them at the FA Trophy final, they magically disappeared when the club was struggling. Not demanding that they all become season ticket holders, but if a few had recognised the struggle and gone down to watch a few games, it would certainly have eased the burden.

The club never had a wage bill bigger than that of a club in the NPL, it was punching massively above its weight, it went under because it incurred costs it couldn't afford and never paid off those costs. The changes to the ground to make it NL compliant cost a lot of money, but they were paying some players £500 a week and that didn't help either.

howdentiger likes this.
  10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

11. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

Good stuff. And Waltham and Co end up with nothing. Shame....

12. Steven Toast

Did someone say...phoenix club?

City1904 likes this.
  13. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

NFU is a community club that has in recent years exceeded all expectations! It belongs in NF! I suspect neither Waltham or Chadwick acquired the club with that in mind, but with the objective of either potentially developing the land and/or moving the club and renaming it and in doing so get up the football pyramid than otherwise would be the case.

Lets see if they start up a new club in Dunswell or wherever and begin at the bottom, thereby demonstrating that football is actually at the heart of their intentions contrary to my assertions?

14. Steven Toast

This is exactly what they wanted to do, they made no secret of their desire to do so.

15. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Great to hear Les Hare is back involved, someone with the clubs interest at heart.

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

17. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

tigerscanada likes this.
  18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Sorted <ok>

19. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's excellent news. What are the chances of the Billy Bly Trophy being continued?

20. x

x Well-Known Member

chester, scarborough, gretna?, airdrie, the pre-relaunch accrington stanley, if that counts as modern times, and, from the same era, third lanark. rangers???