1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

North Ferriby have undone one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Nov 22, 2017.

1. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Private equity firms aren't interested at that level. There's no income to pump and dump.

2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

What's your point? That just because he was the only one means it's a good thing? Stroll with me down memory lane.

He took over at St. Andrew's, renamed them, moved them to Dunswell Park and got them promoted. Then, he had a fall out, left the club, locked them out of the ground and left them for dead. They now play in the Humber Premier Division 1. Some rise up the leagues that was.

He then had another lightbulb moment and started East Yorkshire Carnegie, taking over AFC United. Moved them to Dene Park and then did one again after falling out with somebody else. As soon as he left, they went on a great run and got promoted.

He owns Dunswell Park and wants a successful club to play there. Unfortunately, he isn't capable of running a successful club, not given his track record. And North Ferriby are a much more serious, competitive team than the other ones he has pissed about with. I'm worried that he's going to wreck what is a local village team that has a concentrated core of supporters by trying to make them something they aren't in a place that isn't North Ferriby.

3. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

I heard the interview on Humberside.
    Looking into the possibility of moving Ferriby to Dunswell is just bonkers.
    He needs to leave that well alone.
    I think there is some ambition of a rival Hull team simmering in his skull, and somehow this is the "seed".
    Last thing we need is another controversial owner.

He's better off reducing the prices at Ferriby to say £5, and putting a few coaches on from Hull to get people there.

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

So why didn't they sell to one of the other bidders???
    They're desperate to get out and have done for awhile.
    Oh that's right there aren't any.
    No idea how well he'll do or how ****.

5. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Ferriby has been for sale for a while now and no-one has fancied taking it on. All I'm saying is good luck to Jamie Waltham for having a go. NF may well ne debt free but there must be players to pay and costs to meet and if no-one come's through those turnstiles someone has to sign the cheques, that is the risk.

6. Steven Toast

Because there's no interest in a club that isn't going anywhere. What Ferriby don't need is somebody with big dreams of Ferriby being a football league club. They got to the NL on hard work, but they were punching well above their weight and with that came some great memories.

People didn't try and buy Ferriby because there's no point. The only reason Waltham has bought it is to keep his dream of a 'rival' to Hull City alive. It won't end well. If it was anybody else I'd have said fair play, but based on this guy's track record, I'm seriously concerned.

juleskaren and SimonGraysJacket like this.
  7. Tickton Tiger.

Fair points.
    But I would have thought Ferriby supporters, of which they must be some, would have fancied buying Ferriby considering the history and good times the club have had.

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

So there's no point In buying them. So they'd go to the wall if the foresters walked? Maybe that would be better.

9. Steven Toast

Waltham is a local lad and he played for Ferriby as a youngster, so there is local interest. There probably were fans interested in buying it, but there are only ever around 450 at a game, most of them elderly, I doubt any of them would have given it a go. We also don't know what the asking price was.

The best Ferriby can hope for is that they go down, clean out the squad and start again from scratch in the league below. Their best chance of a pay day will be the cups, which I believe they're all already out of. This season just needs to end for them.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  10. Steven Toast

The Forster's wouldn't have walked without somebody else taking over, it's why they've held on so long, they understand the needs of the fans. There isn't anybody that would buy it thinking they could turn it into something else. It just needs to tick over and exist, it's what it's done for years and it's done well.

ImperialTiger likes this.

11. nbetiger

nbetiger Well-Known Member

I met Jamie Waltham at dene park when it was hull united he was hoping to go up through the divisions to the conference at the time he had remorgated his house against dunswell park as its now known as.

12. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

You sure he's not related to the Allams?

nbetiger likes this.
  13. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Bit like MK Dons

14. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

He better not **** it up. As someone who grew up in Ferriby and played a number of times on that pitch I'd be pretty pissed off. Sterling seems to have a good perspective on it, please keep us informed, cheers.

Edelman and nbetiger like this.
  15. Steven Toast

I played in the youth set up there back in the day before leaving for Whitby, so it's a personal interest for me, but I also know a lot of the staff there and I'd hate to see anything bad happen.

16. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

How do you know that? Good luck to the guy, although all risks are relative to the results of failure.

17. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Now you put it like that... :emoticon-0107-sweat

18. Tickton Tiger.

good luck to him he will need it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  19. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Don' know, but many support local football teams, which is what I thought your point was.

20. Tickton Tiger.

I think his involvement with NF will be a bit more then 'support'. Someone has to guarantee that the bills are paid. I wouldn't fancy that responsibility.
    Surprised that Les Hare hasn't taken it back on ?
    But for the last time good luck to the fella.