1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic No words...only tears...

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by wishiwasinliverpool, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Of course they claim it. They claim everything.

2. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

3. FedLadSonOfAnfield

So they named the perp ... knew he'd be of this profile, young-ish - i.e. early 20s and male, and yes obviously Muslim descent (that is not a criticism of 'all Muslims' just there was no way this was a white guy)

Terror threat level raised to critical so they're basically sending the army in now into major cities to support the armed police

4. moreinjuredthanowen

Any word on him being prwviously banged up for minor offenses?

I briefly saw some neighbour or other giving the its the quiet ones sort of bullshit.

5. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Dunno about that, only just got in and looked at the updates. I guess they will be investigating now, interrogating him plus looking through all his electronic devices for leads, and the same with the other guy they've picked up in Chorlton who there is no info on either id or supposed involvement

He's of Libyan descent, has lived in the southern suburbs of the city and attended a fairly large mosque in one of those suburbs called Didsbury

mate of mine at my gym's wife and daughter were there last night, both completely fine thankfully

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  6. FedLadSonOfAnfield

7. moreinjuredthanowen

So the ****ing yanks were given a name and grabbed it to the media despite being sworn to secrecy.

Thus the ****s have endangered the public here by tipping the security services hand to any other links to the guy.

8. FedLadSonOfAnfield

I imagine that's why they were not naming him, to not alert any co-conspirators and other suspects, if there are any, that they know him and are potentially onto them also

9. moreinjuredthanowen

Who'd have thought the yanks would have big mouths eh?

May should tell trump to savk a few more apprentice style

10. FedLadSonOfAnfield

I actually liked Trump's response, he's right, they are losers

11. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Or learn the lesson and stop sharing info while that cock and his crew are in charge. Simply can't be trusted with info.

12. FedLadSonOfAnfield

It's about their own agenda, ultimately. Who passed them the info and in what context ?

Trump is many things, a cock yes, probably psychotic, yes. But his response to this was good and his stance on terrorists is strong

13. DirtyFrank

Tbf to him..it was ham fisted and clumsy as usual but the idea was right..that these people do not matter...their self inflated egos and delusions aren't real.

He just sounds like a teenager when he says stuff which is unfortunate in this instance.

14. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Yeah don't disagree with any of that

15. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Yeah, he made my teenage son giggle on the way to school this morning when the beeb played the quote of Trump calling them losers.

Trump always comes across as very juvenile.

Germlands Nozzer and DirtyFrank like this.
  16. DirtyFrank

Oh we never learn...

Military to be deployed on streets. This is a mistake.

Look.. I understand the problem. Do you spend more money on police armed response units that may sit around never to be used or go for the cheap option and use already armed and trained personell instead?

The problem. Police Officers are trained to see the civilian population as the thing they serve and protect. Mistakes and cover ups, bad eggs aside the fundamental basis of their training is to protect the public.

The Army has a different base to their training. They are trained to expect a threat from anywhere and eliminate that threat before it eliminates them. They, no matter how many courses or training on working in urban environments will always instinctively view their area of operation as a combat zone. The civilian population will become the enemy.

It's how it played out over here with disastrous and counter productive consequences.

Ok, many lessons were learned from NI deployment as well as Iraq etc but it won't stop them viewing the population that way. Especially if like here in NI they become targets from terrorists hiding in say predominantly Muslim neighbourhoods...that neighbourhood becomes an enemy stronghold to the army...theyll view all civilians in that area as a threat.

Any lengthy deployment will end badly.

17. astro

astro Well-Known Member

May to cancel the election over fears she shat the bed with the manifesto the terrorist threat is too high

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  18. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Despite this awful crime, children are still far more likely to be killed by their own parents' poor driving than a terrorist

Soldiers to hold guns to mums' heads while they do the school run?

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Don't agree at all.

It's a short term measure that is reacting to the heightened security threat.

There's a couple of very large events this weekend, notably the Cup Final and The Radio 1 Big Weekend (not that far from me as it happens) it'd be criminal to not massively increase security at both in the light of the this weeks atrocity, and using the armed forces to supplement the Police is simply efficient use of resource imo.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    * Record Points Total likes this.
  20. DirtyFrank

Well if as you said it's a very limited deployment for a limited time. And the more I've read this morning that's what is being presented so far. Rudd has confirmed that it will only be a specific buildings and under direct control of the Police.

As long as it is not extended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.