1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic No words...only tears...

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by wishiwasinliverpool, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuisDiazgamechanger

I am a fair man and I like to judge people individually according to their character not their religion.

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  2. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

The whole Reformation was about power-grabbing. Sure, Luther was pious, but his actions were pounced upon by The German Princes and then Henry VIII as a power push, and equally so as a reactionary act by the Holy Roman Empire and The Spanish/Jesuits/Inquisition.

Hell, I even remember reading about King John in the thirteenth century when he was having a bad time with the then Pope. He sent emissaries to Ottoman Empire to discuss making England a Muslim country. It's all bollocks. Likewise, during the Cold War, communist countries that were non-aligned often vacillated between Moscow and (then) Peking, such as Vietnam and Cambodia, simply playing them off against each other to get the best deal for its hierarchy, even if it caused famine and ruin for the proletariat they were supposedly protecting.

But I ramble. Try reading Yuval Noah Harari; he has all the answers. Infact, I could almost become ideological about him....

3. Prince Knut

Er, I'm not saying you're not Dribs. The 'You' in that final sentence is a rhetorical 'you', as in anybody who thought there was justification in blowing up tens of children and teenagers because they have no doubt that a higher authority allows such actions. I know that isn't you, dude. :emoticon-0148-yes:

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Higher Authority???Moses obtained the TEN commandments one of them "Thou shall not kill" both Muslims and Christians accepted it. If they are true
    followers where is their faith when they commit murder?.
    I said somewhere earlier what happened in Manchester makes some people doubt the existence of God. I am a Christian I still believe in God

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  5. Prince Knut

Think we're talking cross-purposes here, Dribs. You're a Christian, I'm an ex-christian, but I think we're actually on the same page on this one. Anyhow, the first girl named, Georie Callander - 18 year old sixth-former doing health and social care A levels: that was my daughter three years ago (even looks a bit like her) before she got her grades and went into nursing. My daughter goes the MEM, Sheffield, The Echo Arena, etc, about six or seven times a year to see various concerts and festivals. I cannot help but personalise this when I think of her parents, and indeed all the parents of those kids and teenagers. And now they know how much it hurts and how easy it is to do, **** knows what the summer festival season will be like.

Thing is, I work on the railways and have worked at Man Vic. I think of when I go to pick my daughter and my sisters after the panto at the Empire each year, and the humongous throng in the foyer as people leave. Indeed, I've waited for Lucy and her friends several times at the very foyer at the MEM where this bomb went off. And do you know what? I have NO idea how to stop this happening again. They'll pick a school soon as well - an junior one when parents go to pick up their kids in the playground. I feel utterly sick.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

you can only convince them by being strong and utterly eradicating the caliphate.. putting in place blocks to absolutely deny the internet to them totally. however much it costs

and other than that.. be worse than them so you are feared.. nd we don't want to be that.. thats what ukip and the tories would do unfettered.

nobody in the middle east "respects" france any more... nor us.. good or bad thing? well if you support whats gone on over there the way its gone on and be a target and then are not feared this happens

BobbyD likes this.
  7. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

This.

Absolutely heart breaking to think about the parents who have been affected by such a carnage.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  8. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Yep, once there were innocent people being murdered by the government as well as by the suicide bombers

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

Salman Abedi has been named by police as the suspected suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured 59 at Manchester Arena on Monday night.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40020168

10. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

Coward. Bastard. (not you, him!) :emoticon-0121-angry

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

The **** was born and bred in Manchester, given an education, healthcare and the freedom afforded to people born there.

And the evil **** decided to murder a lot of innocent children and adults in the city of his birth, if they want a war let them fight the armed forces, oh wait, the cowardly ****s ain't got the guts for that.

12. wishiwasinliverpool

They don't even know what they're fighting for. Put them in 1 to 1 combat in a proper army/war situation and they wouldn't have a clue. I know they've arrested someone else and if they're involved I hope they swing.

13. Page_Moss_Kopite

Well said wishi.<ok>

14. saintPort&Ginger

If by respected and feared you mean because of your strength and ruthlessness, well I doubt that that makes you safer from terrorist attacks - quite the opposite perhaps.
    I maintain that we need to know the motivation behind these attacks before we jump to conclusions and consider action. Few of us would object to the elimination of Daesh, but would that solve the problem? They're not behind everything, even though they may make the claim. How do you deter those who are themselves prepared to die for their cause?
    Often it's just deluded individuals jumping on the jihad bandwagon but acting on their own, or impressionable people manipulated into thinking there is some heavenly reward for this.
    Whatever, it's a terrible act that can have no justification. Given the indiscriminate nature of the attack, it's entirely possible that innocent Muslims themselves would be amongst the victims.
    Just madness.

15. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Some of the comments in the comments pages of the papers regarding this are disgusting, ranging from it being organised by the Tories to stop a Corbyn landslide to The Scum running an article linking Corbyn to terrorism, albeit the IRA they are still trying to score brownie points by association.

There are also the UKIP nutters blaming immigrants, clearly they have not realised yet the bomber was British, as were the London bombers. Some even suggesting the internet should be banned, no doubt they will then moan when they can't get anything from Amazon.

Times like this bring out the best and the worst in people.

16. Prince Knut

Has to be said, even the Luftwaffe didn't target children.

17. Page_Moss_Kopite

please log in to view this image

18. wishiwasinliverpool

That's a lovely gesture

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  19. LuisDiazgamechanger

IS has claimed responsibility for the attack:emoticon-0130-devil:bandit:.

20. Prince Knut

Yet they seem to think the bomb was planted. Highly suspect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.