1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No To Hull Tigers with the Allam family continuing to lead the club - BALLOT OPTION

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dazzar86, Mar 21, 2014.

1. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

I have Photoshopped a version of the Ballot PDF with the second option being 'No to Hull Tigers with the Allam family continuing to lead the club'

Would it prove a point if everybody sent this version back to the club instead? I can make it readily available to download for everyone.

2. tigermaul

tigermaul Well-Known Member

No because unless you actually vote NO in their rigged ballot, they will assume you don't oppose the name change.

3. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

It gives people the option of choosing what most people seem to want - Hull City AFC with the Allams looking to alternative methods of gaining income.

Even if the votes aren't taken seriously by the club, at least it sends a message to them if everyone does it.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I suspect that they'll use any excuse to not count no votes, they'd probably void it, just as they will if people write 'with the Allam's staying' after voting No.

5. Putter65

Putter65 Active Member

why should they run the club and throw millions at it when they can't make all the decisions ?

6. Mr. Coat

Mr. Coat Member

Have we checked that there isn't really really really small print?

No to the Allam family leaving and yes to Hull Tigers.

7. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

You are Assem Allam and I claim my £5.

8. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Because that's what the FA rules say. If they don't like the rules they can form their own league and call the club what they like.

9. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

This is now as much about the Allam family saving face which is important in their cultural background as it is about anything else. They know the FA have rejected the name change idea - they do not want to be rejected by the fans as well. So, given the fact that the preferred option for most of us (Keep Hull City and the Allams) is not on the ballot form, would voting for option 3 (against my better judgement as I am bothered) be just compromising my opinion - or would it ultimately help to have the outcome we all want?

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They'll count Not Bothered as a Yes, on the basis that they're not bothered if the name changes.

It was because we knew this was planned, that we preempted it with a request the questions be separated.

If you want to keep the name, then vote No, don't write anything on the form other than what is asked for and ignore the blackmail, they're going nowhere.