1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No threat to SAF

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Constcrepe, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

I'm quite bemused at the continuing blind faith Liverpool fans and indeed the media have for Kenny Dalglish. When he took the job and indeed since then, the media, ex professionals and pundits were all saying he was a master mind, a great manager, a leader all the players will respect and want to play for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9350718.stm

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...te-fool-of-his-media-begrudgers-15062969.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...s-The-David-Maddock-column-article681495.html

However 3 days before the transfer window ends, WHAM! Torres Liverpool's super star puts in a transfer request wishing to not go back home, but join Chelsea. So much for respecting King Kenny and just loving to be at such a great club.

The media have for some reason marked Dalglish as some kind of footballing mastermind. Sorry he's not and time will tell.

2. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

Because they're desperate for United to get knocked off our perch, so they're believing what they want to believe, rather than what is logical. Dalglish has never won anything in management that wasn't basically handed to him on a plate. When things get too difficult (and the current Liverpool job could certainly prove to be so), he tends to walk away

3. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Couldn't agree more. Personally I'm sick of the isn't Kenny wonderful crap already. He inherited his Liverpool team in the 1980's but when the time came to rebuild, he struggled and left. He bought the title at Blackburn and was pants at Newcastle. Yes surely the most overrated manager ever to grace the top flight of English football.

4. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

I think you're being harsh on "King Kenny." He was fantastic at Celtic, if my memory serves me correctly, bring unprecedented levels of success to the club alongside John Barnes.

5. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

<laugh>

6. Jip Jaap Stam

Staff Member

And why do all the commentators/pundits all call him "Kenny" as if they know him personally? I've heard a few of them mention how much charisma he has, whereas to me he seems like one of the dourest blokes in football

7. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Good point. I call him that sometimes as I often cannot be bothered typing his stupid surname.

8. Jip Jaap Stam

Staff Member

Calling him Kenny on a football forum is fair enough, it's quicker to type. But when these people who don't even know him do it on TV, it just sounds ridiculous