1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No surprise Bircham gone

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by qprbeth, Jun 8, 2018.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/first-team-coach-bircham-to-leave-qpr

please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

Marc Bircham is set to leave QPR after reaching a financial settlement with the club.

The former R’s midfielder, 39, will amicably move on following the recent appointment of John Eustace as Steve McClaren’s assistant.

Rangers’ owners indicated to Bircham that they wanted him to stay at the club.

2. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Think we needed new ideas & fresh faces in,

Ninj, rangercol and qprbeth like this.
  3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

4. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

From this I'd assume he has left well and hopes to return one day, maybe even higher up the management chain;

"This isn’t the end of the love affair for me. I have been a fan all my life and spent more than a decade of my career as player or coach with the R’s. QPR will always be my club and who knows what the future holds – maybe I’ll be back again one day!”

5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

For me it's a concern that Holloway and Bircham, who were doing a great job introducing young players to the 1st team successfully last season and managed to keep us clear of relegation at the same time, are kicked out At the same time experienced players Ned, Perch and Mackie who also are attributed with doing good work with them, are also leaving. There seem to be lots of big holes to fill for a fifty something year old bloke who hasn't worked much with youngsters for a while.

If Holloway 's Managers had concerns about too many team and formation changes why didn't Ferdinand just sit down with him, tell him to reduce this and carry on with his otherwise good work.

NorwayRanger, QPRski, Ninj and 6 others like this.
  6. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

An “R” through and through. Glad that he had the opportunity to work as coach with the club he loves. He will have certainly learnt from his time here (and hopefully use it towards his skills as a future great coach/manager). Still needs to develop and move towards a managerial role once he is ready.
    He clearly has a plan in mind for his career and he has my best wishes. Don’t be a stranger.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  7. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Might only be a sound bite from him, but seems the club offered him another position that he politely refused and said he’d move on so that the new management team have a ‘fresh start’. Hope it’s true.
    I wish Birch all the best and hope for his success, whatever he does

8. Rangerw9

Rangerw9 Well-Known Member

I think you may have rose tinted spectacles on . The job that was done with the squad we had was not great . Two thirds of the season it was poor . Look at the points we won when Mackie was in the side compared to when he wasn’t , big difference ! Probably a good time to move ned on and also perch should have gone two seasons ago . The youth were held back far too much imo , when they played we looked good , but didn’t play enough , they were thrown in at a desperate time . People seem to forget smyth only played as a last ditch effort against Cardiff where everyone else was injured or under performed , he didn’t get in the first team squad for the first 6 months , not a baby either at 20 ! Bad management !

All the changes were necessary, gates proved the faithful were fed up !

Let’s hope we can now get a stable structure in place and see some entertaining football.

SW Ranger and sb_73 like this.
  9. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Bircham is a good lad and Rangers through and through, but I think he was out of his depth here.

SW Ranger, ELLERS and sb_73 like this.
  10. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Gates proved the faithful were fed up? Perhaps they weren't/ are not faithful?

bc7 likes this.

11. MelburnIAN

MelburnIAN Well-Known Member

Maybe he and Ollie will be back mid season for induction to the Legends. (Or are they already?)

12. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

New manager, new coach, new players. Time to change things around. Olly, like Birch probably had targets to hit - probably more financial in terms of letting older higher wage earners leave and bring in young talent. From reading between the lines I would not be surprised to see Birch return at some stage but feels he probably needs to go elsewhere to gain more experience.

13. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

He will drive down the road to Wycombe