1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No QPR interest in Byrne despite reports suggesting otherwise

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Aug 11, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

No QPR interest in Byrne despite reports suggesting otherwise
    Monday, August 10, 2015
    Written by Andrew Steele-Davis
    please log in to view this image

Photo: Nathan Byrne's future is uncertain with plenty of clubs keeping tabs (PIC: Dave Cox)
    Swindon Town star Nathan Byrne is not attracting the interest of Championship club QPR despite reports elsewhere suggesting otherwise, FLIC SPORT understands.
    The attacking force attracted plenty of admiring glances over the summer after hitting four goals and racking up eleven assists for the Robins last term, with the likes of Cardiff City, Huddersfield, Brentford and West Brom all linked with an interest.
    Nothing concrete came of that speculation with it understood that the 23-year-old was many teams' fifth or sixth choice, but a
    stunning hat-trick in the 4-1 opening day success against Bradford City has thrust Byrne back into the spotlight once more.
    The former Tottenham man only has one-year left on his current deal at The County Ground, whilst it is understood that the powers that be at Swindon would want between £500,000/£850,000 in order to part company with their prized asset.
    Reports elsewhere today suggested that QPR - who have already prised Ben Gladwin and Massimo Luongo away from SN1 - are keeping tabs on Byrne, but FLIC SPORT understand that is not the case at the moment.
    When quizzed about his future in the wake of his opening day heroics, Byrne insisted that all his focus is on helping the Robins enjoy another successful campaign in 2015/16.
    "That's not for me to think about really," said the attacker.
    "I'm just looking forward to playing for this club and I really do love my time here so far and I'm really enjoying it.
    "Whatever happens, happens, but my head is fully on having a good season with Swindon.
    "There is always speculation in football.
    "Like I've said, my head is fully at Swindon."

2. Littlelegs

Littlelegs Active Member

Sign him up...

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

probably already done

4. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

He scored three league goals in 43 appearances last season, in a team that did very well overall, in league one. NO THANKS!

By contrast, Charlie scored 12 in 21 appearances in his last season in League One, and 41 in 82 in the championship over three seasons before signing for us. Not saying all can have Charlie's record, but something a little closer would be nice!

5. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

I don't think he played as a striker last season though.

6. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Serves me right for (very) top-line google research.

7. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

He was an attacking full-back last season but has been put in midfield this year and got a hat-trick on Saturday. Would be an ideal replacement for Phillips.

8. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Active Member

There needs to be interest. He's a very very good player, as displayed at the weekend. Don't take last seasons stats in to account because as highlighted, he played more at full back last season. I really like the look of him, and hope Chris and Les have something in the pipeline.

9. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Knowing our lot they'll probably play him at full back...<doh>

10. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

I started a thread about him on Saturday. I can't believe we are not taking an interest in him. Started life as right back now as an attacking midfielder and with Ramsey's and Sir Les deep knowledge of him he seems a perfect fit for us.

: like kiwi