1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No Longer 'Under The Radar'

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Apr 26, 2019.

1. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

2. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Good read.
    Agree 100 % with this assessment of Farke and Webber and the contributions made by all at Carrow Rd this season.Onwards and upwards

KIO and canary-dave like this.
  3. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

It just all clicked at the same time , the turning point was Cardiff in the cup when Farke made 10 or 11 changes and we were brilliant .

He repaid them and carried on playing them , we picked up wins the fans got behind them and the rest is history.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Excellent read KIO and no, we're certainly not under the radar any more. That won't prevent the pundits from dismissing us as relegation fodder next season (not enough PL experience, haven't spent enough money, you can't win with kids, etc.). I look forward to that challenge.

5. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm fully expecting it to be a furrowed brow one season excursion into the fast lane.
    At least we made it a longer stay under PL / CH. But those 3 years (unfair) parachute payments should help decrease the pressure on the board to keep siphoning off all the young stars for megabucks <ok>

DHCanary and JM Fan like this.
  6. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

My hope is that our team spirit, style of play and togetherness will allow us to compete in the PL. We managed that under Lambert with less skilled players and Holt's leadership. A better example is our team in the early 90s with settled players who knew each others game and finished 3rd one year and 4th the next leading to the zenith of our European exploits.

We'll never compete in the expensive players route so we need to find another way. The average age of our squad is 25 years and there is further improvement to come in both skills and interplay. We have an outstanding striker supported by pacey and skilled attacking players. I'd like to see the option of 3 at the back to strengthen us defensively, but attack is our strength. With that, 40 points is possible and I think we're capable of that because the PL has always been the aim. If teams like Brighton and Huddersfield can do it, so can we. The Terriers have now run out of steam because they don't have an academy producing quality players. We do, and that's the difference.

Canary Rob likes this.