1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No Angry Camels Travel to Oldham

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by BSG, Feb 22, 2014.

1. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

With neither brb or Alwaysright travelling to deepest darkest Lancashire, I thought I would have a go at the post. Having read a few of their posts I know you start with a joke: A camel goes into a bar... oh wait you've probably heard that on. You also need a fact about the town you are going to: Oldham is in the north.

Now that is the pleasantries over and done with here is the report.

The day started well meeting up with the other members of the Northern Elite for a pre game pint, although I am not sure Tim's claim that the closest pub to the ground was in Rochdale!! This started to go downhill once we got to the three sided collection of sheds that passes as Boundary Park. The ground was a little shabby considering it held top flight football not too long ago.

Talking about the football it was far from top flight. To be honest the teams were evenly matched, both were completely useless. There was little quality on display but plenty of effort and commitment. I hear that Taylor said we were unlucky and I can see his point of view we did have a few chances but the side just didn't click. It is hard to blame the players because they did look like they tried hard, the system they were asked to play in wasn't the right one. 5-4-1 left Pigott too isolated and the 4-4-2 system lacked midfield creativity.

Player wise I thought Smith had a good game in midfield alongside Hess, and Bayo was a handful when he came on. Unfortunately Weston doesn't look up to L1 standard, and Cody looked poor when coming on.

2. brb

brb Guest

lol - brilliant

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb - what do you mean - 'brilliant' - are you writing PT's post match reports ?

BSG - don't wish to belittle your efforts. At least that was probably better than to what I was listening on my way back from Heathrow - at least you had the benefit of a scenic view to your far right.

As you know I have several commitments next Saturday - so I won't be able to go. Trust me- after the 2nd half v Sheffield Utd, the decision not to go to the away game yesterday. wasn't difficult. I am relying on you to come up with far more [usual] rubbish than your report. ( I realise you are constrained by the effort of the team and a requirement for journalistic honesty)
    Up the [northern] Gills !

4. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Always, sorry about the lack on nonsense but clearly talking rubbish doesn't come so naturally to me. ;)

5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

judging by the stupidity of some recent posts [you know who you are], I am very rapidly being caught.