1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nigel Pearson speaks

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 12, 2015.

1. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I agree - it is disappointing he couldn't carry on. Can see him at either Sunderland or Newcastle

2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Dont think he'll turn either round quick enough and Ashleys not going to spend another £50m in January.

3. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

He saved Carlisle and Southampton when they were seemingly doomed - not to mention ourselves last season (although that was a different scenario). And it wouldn't be Pearson's style to spend £50m anyway.

4. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

Good luck to him, where ever he ends up ,
    Top bloke, such a shame the way he left on both occasions but what happened, happened.... Really wish him well though now in Claudio I trust.... Onwards & upwards !

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Bet he would if he was given it - remember that we spent £8M on Ulloa and £9M on Krameric when he was in charge.

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Quite right ... and Cambiasso wasn't playing for the love of the Leicestershire countryside and some magic beans <laugh> ... we would have paid top dollar to keep the other suitor's at bay ...

Nigel arguably had the biggest war chest of any team in the Championship and certainly in League 1 during his time here ...

7. Lesta Gangsta

That was him pushing the boat out!

He wouldn't have been involved in wage negotiations.

How much we had available is irrelevant. He's frugal by nature. We spend £500k in transfer fees in League One. We made £500k in transfer fees the season we got promoted to the prem!

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

If he had a £50M boat, I'd bet he'd push that out too - why would he or anyone else for that matter not use all of the resources available?

If he ends up at Sunderland/Newcastle big changes would be needed as not many of those players seem to have the fight til the end attributes that our players have - can see big money being spent in Jan irregardless of who is in charger there.

9. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

At least if he went to Newcastle or Sunderland I couldn't see many players/staff wanting to follow and accept either of those poisoned chalices. There is a limit to anyone's loyalty and those two would surely be a step too far!

10. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, 28, has praised former boss Nigel Pearson for bringing in "the spirit and the mentality" that the squad currently possess. (Leicester Mercury)

11. Lesta Gangsta

Because he believes in getting the right players at the right price. As FF pointed out, he had the opportunities to spend more with us on a number of occasions, but didn't go out gung-ho like QPR or even Forest did. That said, if he feels he needs a new first 11 at one of those clubs, he may well spend £50m - but as Bucks points out, why go to clubs in as poor a state as those two in the first place? The challenge I suppose - it will be as tough as keeping us up at both those clubs.

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Again I would point us spending £8M on Ulloa and £9M on Krameric but I am tired of arguing about non Leicester matters - good luck to NP whatever he does except when playing against us.

13. BuzzardFoxMick

Erm, so did Claudio Ranieri !

14. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

.. in fairness Kasper also credits Ranieri for the progress made since ... which you might expect of course

15. BuzzardFoxMick

LOL, I think you misunderstood me FF, what I meant was Claudio also praised Nige for the shape the squad he inherited , was in !