1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nigel Pearson speaks

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

NP has spoken about us for the first time since leaving. Here is what he has said

“I’m pleased for the players, staff and fans at the start Leicester have made. They have carried on where they left off last season.

“It shows I left the club in good condition. People are saying positive things about the team and some of the players in particular and that’s a bit like a back-handed compliment to me.

“But I think my track record speaks for itself and now, I’ve got to look forward.

“I’ve got a clear conscience. It was a shame, after I got the club into a good position, that I was then unable to take it further.

“But it’s not my style to be in a hurry to put my side of the story and some things still have to remain private.

“All I will say is that this has been a really difficult summer for the whole family.

“But I’m ready for a new challenge and I’m open-minded about where that will be.

“So I wouldn’t rule out working abroad or taking a national job.”

Fair play to him and i hope he succeeds in the future

Jack Lesterfan and FosseFilberto like this.
  2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see where he ends up next.

3. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

I don´t know the ins & outs, but he must of really crossed the line & we all know his sacking wasn´t football related.

You did a good job NP & thanks for the lge 1, championship titles & that fantastic climb of the prem table towards the end of last season.

"UTF"

Good luck.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

No matter where we finish this and in other upcoming years I will always think what if?? Good luck to Pearson, I'm sure he will succeed wherever he chooses to go.

5. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Got to be honest, i did and still do have a bit of a man-crush on the man and deep down wish that he was still our manager.

League 1 to where we are today, along with having to sort of Sven's sinking ship, i see him as our greatest ever but fully understand those with other views.

Will be strange to see him working somewhere else, but i hope he succeeds.

BigFox and Jack Lesterfan like this.
  6. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Nigel who?:emoticon-0138-think

Soulfox likes this.
  7. THE FOXES 1884

Very good point, forgot about that. That was a job in it´s self.

8. THE FOXES 1884

I will have to say MO´N would be my 1st choice, but NP is a close 2nd.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  9. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We would not have progressed to the level the owners want us to get to under Pearson.
    That said good luck to him he will get another championship job for a top half team

10. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I can see him being like the new 'Pulis' of the first to sack their manager going straight for him. That said, he could have some strong competition from Alladyce

11. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Good on him, very Nigel-esque comments, hope he gets a good job at an underachieving club.

12. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

I will always appreciate the job Nigel did for us, in conjunction with our owners we've come a long way in the last few years.

NP delivered stability to us after many years of false dawns post MON, we achieved and progressed thanks to NP. It's a shame it was an unnecessary sour turn of events, not football related that mean we will never know how much further we could've gone.

Now granted he was a bit of a nutter & came across as slightly odd, but he was our nutter & I quite liked him for that.

So certainly wish him the best for the future.

13. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Agreed. We were at a much better place when he left than when he arrived, and we have to be thankful for that. I think the position the club was in at the time he arrived suited his strengths. We had become a little bit lost and had employed a lot of unsuitable managers before he arrived. He took the club and gave it a better foundation and a new sense of direction. I hope he finds that sort of club again, which will probably be in the second or third tier, but there's nothing wrong in that. Restoring an ailing club to its former glory without spending silly money is not something every manager can do. Just hope he doesn't end up at Coventry!

14. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Third tier? Not a chance, hes going to be the number 1 candidate for jobs in the top half of the Championship (or with clubs that should be in the top half).

I don't think he will be as popular as Pulis was for a quick fix escape from prem relegation though, hes not the kind of manager to come in and turn things round instantly.

Lesta Gangsta and FosseFilberto like this.
  15. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I agree ...

16. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

He is on the sofa with Kammy at the moment. Wouldnt be surprised if he ends up at Newcastle in the next few weeks

17. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This is the main thing regarding my opinion of him - when he was here, the press, our fans and opposition players were twats, now he is gone and so are my rose tinted specs, he was a bit of a nutter.

That does not diminish his achievements - he was our best manager since MON and there is no questioning that.

BuzzardFoxMick likes this.
  19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Either them or Sunderland - then we shall see if people's prediction of doom comes to pass as it will be very interesting to see who will join him from our backroom.

20. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

NP thanked the fans for their support and said he is disappointed he wasn't allowed to continue to take the club forward. But said he is ready to get back into management now