1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nigel Just wants the three points

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TigerReece, Apr 25, 2013.

1. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Yes and i hope it really does grate on him afterwards when Lesta win. I wonder if Steve Bruce will be the studio guest with Peter Beagre ? If not i bet SSN have an open line to him. Open channel D Mr Waverley.!!!

2. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

I don't think he cares the slightest about us... He wants to win because his job is insecure if he doesn't finish in the top 6.

If it ultimately sends us up, it sends us up. He won't care.

3. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

The type of idiot who bleated "He didn't care about his players, he never even said goodbye" are the same ones now speculating he will be gutted if we go up. <laugh>

You can't have it both ways, ladies.

4. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

there's truth in this..

5. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I risk being shot down by the NP detractors but I thought he did an excellent job for us on very limited funds & the real prospect of administration/liquidation.. he had to use an ageing Solano at RB, an average James Harper in CM, Cullen & Simpson up front (0 goals in 11 games?).. and he got us 11th place and left the club to Barmby in a much better shape than he had inherited it.. Barmby took us to 8th with what NP built.

That said, I don't know if he's a PL manager, he'll want to prove that.. Wheras we know Bruce is.

Pearson never loved our club anyway, his heart is at Leicester. But I won't knock him for what he did.

6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Heard some stories off a mate I bumped into today about NP.

Apparently Chris woo has been wooing his daughter.

And he fell out with a bunch of players after they were caught in one of the strip clubs up town on the Friday night before a match.

Couldn't tell you how accurate they could be or where they've come from, but asking someone else this other lad don't know, and who also tends to know quite a bit about the goings on at the foxes, said he'd heard the same.

7. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever actually replied to one this half wits comments?

Apart from this one.

Obviously.

8. Stuart Blampey

Reads like an excerpt from Woman's Realm <laugh>

9. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

How many managers 'love' a club that they work for ? It's a job , they aren't fans

10. Stuart Blampey

It's like grumbling the surgeon never liked you cos he never said goodbye when you got discharged from hospital.

Pearson played for and managed loads of clubs, for that reason doesn't trade platitudes.

Then again we have some fans who still love the 'scarf aloft' photo of a new signing or manager.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I'd say it's probably bullshit.

Just that whenever a player and manager don't see eye-to-eye for whatever reason people always speculate this. Does NP even have a daughter? <laugh>

12. charles stokell

charles stokell Active Member

Perhaps big Nige will give us some pay-back on Friday then we can all forgive him and get on with City in the PL.

13. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

What poor journalism

What do you really expect? Nigel to say yes i really want to get the result that sends Hull up?

14. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Some City fans won't be satisfied at all.

The fact we're still discussing what he did at City shows he had a decent impact on the side when he was here.

If he was crap we would be relieved he'd left and not talk about him whatsoever.

15. Amin Yapusi

Exactly that.

He's been given a pr opportunity wrapped in silk and studded with diamonds. A few subtle words in the media to regain positive relations with a club and fans he pissed off in the recent future.

You never know, it may come in handy should he ever fancy a hull player in the future.

He wasn't that clever though was he.

16. Stuart Blampey

I expect "There's only one Nigel Pearson" to be booming out around Oakwell sung lustily by 5,000 Tigers fans in a full-blooded throaty roar, tinged with emotion, as we bid farewell to the Championship.

17. Amin Yapusi

If it happens it would be such a surreal and emotional experience. I'm shedding a tear thinking about it...

Cannot WAIT for Saturday!

18. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

He signed as many, if not more, poor players than he did decent ones. Also, when they were bad they were truly ****ing ****e, but the OK ones he brought in are/were no better than their contemporaries at a lot of Championship sides. Remember Liam Rosenior? When he came in we thought he was the Second Coming of Christ, and now Brucey's worked his magic he's nowhere near the first-team.

Oh, and are you forgetting how **** the football was? It would have been forgivable if it had got us results, but we were never more than a mid-table side under that boring ****

Some of us were <ok>

The only time I've ever wanted a manager out was when Parkinson was here. Under Nigel, I tried to discourage people (see: TWF) from being too critical and from campaigning for him to go, but in the end I felt like all of my Christmases had come at once when he upped sticks for Islamabad

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I find this post really ironic.

I think Taylor and Pearson are the two most similar managers we've ever had, both played effective but negative football and both will probably only ever be lower league managers as a consequence.

Take Stu Elliot out of Taylor's team and we were ****ing dire to watch most of the time.

20. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

He had the unwanted job of getting a ****e team back to winning ways, whilst the problems off the field mounted.

FFS! We nearly ceased to exist until the Allams took over.

He brought in the likes of Koren, Chester, Hobbs, Rosey, Mannone, Simmo, Evans, Brady, who, like it or not, had an impact with City and still here and are on the verge of getting us promoted (minus Mannone).

Under him we started poorly, granted, but got better and put a decent run togehter. We we're tough to beat on the road. Better to play poorly but still win me thinks.

I don't think he deserves all this vilification- he's hardly Fish, Hinchcliffe, Buchanan, Dolan or Lloyd ffs. Now they're proper twats.