1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nige (on 5 Live)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Gone For A Walk, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0002cj7

Round about 1.40 in.

So glad he's at our club. Top man (as they say).
    Said it from the off, and still believe it, in fact even more so.
    You can see why over time we've got better and better under him, in spite of all the constraints and curved balls thrown at him under the Allams.
    They'll be plenty more dips and disappointments, like tomorrow maybe which is a(nother) big ask. I just hope / wish we see him get the chance under better owners to build something special here long term.

2. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

If we can go and win at Leeds. We can go and win anywhere. Not such a big ask.

3. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

We once won at the Emirates in the PL, and at a time when they hardly ever lost at home.
    Didn't mean we should then have thought it was not such a big ask to go and win anywhere in the PL (even though we did then go to WHL and do the same :) ).
    I'd suggest we don't underestimate what he is achieving given the turmoil the squad has been through, and the lack of depth he has to play with. And that we don't go all billy big balls.
    But yes, it's possible.

PLT likes this.
  4. bashdabish

bashdabish Member

1hr 42mins and 23 secs for the start of Hull City chat

5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

The squad doesn’t seem in the slightest bit affected by the lack of support from the sidelines from fans or the board. There’s unity amongst that team, it just took 10-15 games to find that unity in what was essentially a new team.

That’s in spite of our owners and fan apathy.

6. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I wonder how many football managers have ever been to Sandhurst to go on a leadership class... Well done to him!!!!
    That was one off the best interviews I've ever heard with a football manager and totally changed my (what was improving anyway) view of NA.

I just hope some Chairman somewhere other than in Hull wasn't listening to it... I know you have to register for BBC to hear it, maybe someone can manage to put it on here that news how without the link...,

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Gone For A Walk likes this.