1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nice Touch from Everton and Newcastle

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Gerrinho, Sep 17, 2012.

1. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Oh for ****s sake, another thread turning into this petty ****e.

2. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Not this thread.

This thread is about what is good in football. Te coming together of rivals in support of justice and innocents.

Leave it out Alan and Davidako.

3. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

<ok>.

4. Sir Kenny Dalglish

Sir Kenny Dalglish Well-Known Member

Every time that train spotting whinge=bag comes onto this forum it ends up in an arguement. I don't know how many Liverpool fans he's got banned off the United board for no apparent reason, most of it because of whinging. He needs to grow a pair or leave this forum.

5. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Nice avatar S_R.<ok>

6. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Everton were screwed over by the officials though, especially that fat linesman. I wonder if he was wearing a Newcastle shirt under his officals top?

7. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Everton clearly deserved to win the match (I'm a Newcastle fan) though the officials were generally terrible. The ball looked like it crossed the line and the 'offside' was marginal at best; on the flip side the free kick for Anichebe's goal wasn't a free kick and the ref tried to level it up when he pulled the game back with Newcastle on a fantastic break.

More importantly though no-one has commented about Harper. The guy is pure class, its unfortunately rare that a player pleads the innocence of a member of the opposition but I think its fair to say Newcastle and Everton have mostly always got along as teams so our Geordie keeper did what most Geordies would have wanted him to.

8. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

<ok>

Had to laugh at Andy's burnham's diary in the Observer. After the memorial on wednesday at st George's Hall apparently a lot of them went to the pub around the corner, which turned into a knees up and sing-song. After everyone toasting Andy and the brilliant work he'd done, when he went to get the train back to Manchester the crowd in the pub ('pool and everton fans) sanfg "Who's the bluesh!te going home..." He said it was hysterical.

Life is good now people. I don't believe 99.9% of United fans are the same as some scum (the club DEFINITELY isn't), as our d!ckheads aren't reflective of us. Move on and don't let these ****ers win by giving them attention. And i wish I hadn't started that 'Sigh' thread - the intention was to gain a consensus that we shouldn't respond, not a he-said-it-first diatribe - so if someone can pull it please do so.

9. Cantbearsedwithnot606now

Cantbearsedwithnot606now Active Member

Great game, great gesture, great shame Everton didn't get three points, the better side imo.

Re United, I think they have been awesome, the club have shown respect to us this week, have criticised.the few fans who chanted. I think the vast majority of posters have been great too, I include UIR in that. The only post I've seen that pissed me off was from Comas, who at least apologised.

Id like to see a few threads without the arguments, as its slowly ruining the.forum

10. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Everyone has been fantastic this week in regard to Hillsborough, apart from the the vocal minority at Old Trafford on Saturday who even Man Utd don't want to be associated with. Which says it all about how irrelevant they are.

We should concentrate on the good gestures like Everton's tonight, Napoli's on the weekend or many of the other clubs that sung about justice, played YNWA before their game or held a minute's silence/applause at their grounds.

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Well said mate.<ok>

12. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

Brought a tear to my eye. I'm man enough to admit it.

On the subject of the mancs, let us please drop it, each club has it's dickheads, let us not turn the mancs into a point scoring opportunity. What happens on Sunday is some dick starts mouthing off about Munich? The initial provocation in this thread came from DayDoDoeDontDayDoe, so do you all want to back off from Alan. There is just no need for any of it.

13. Page_Moss_Kopite

Me too Noble, the beautiful sight of the two kids walking out hand in hand and the brilliant reception from the blues supporters and davie Moyes was pure class.

14. Milk Milk

Milk Milk Well-Known Member

This isn't the first time Everton have been such brilliant friends of ours in this regard. I have nothing but respect for the fans of that club- (most some "Lettuce" types aside) - I even recall on the old 606- one thing that impressed me was instead of fighting WUMs that entered their board they would use humor and insight to make them look like fools. Always thought they handled that with class.

I don't want to target Man Utd either... all clubs (including our own) can have a prickish minority. All clubs are mostly good.

.... Except Dagenham and Redbridge that is. ****ers the lot of them.

15. Page_Moss_Kopite

Great sentiments.<ok>

Is that you sockrobbers.<whistle>

16. Kop79

Kop79 Active Member

On topic yes it was a nice and supporting gesture by EFC

Defo a round of applause to the club and fans alike <ok>

17. Gucci.Mane

Gucci.Mane Active Member

This sums it up perfectly