1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nice to see some class from the Swans fans

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ThaiCanary, May 17, 2011.

1. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Following tonights result in Cardiff I am somewhat pleased to see Swans fans are acting with a whole lot of class and dignity by not invading their board, or indeed on this board, to revel in their misery <ok>

Will be rooting for you in the final <ok>

2. Andmcit

Andmcit Member

It's sad the final wasn't both the Welsh sides.

Now of course there are some idiot bigots around the place
    who don't want a Welsh side in 'their' "English league" and
    are now rooting for Reading. <doh>

I only saw a poor freezing up stream that was worse than awful.
    Radio Wales rather cruely said the Bluebirds were a team of
    individuals playing a team united?

3. concernedincardiff2011

i'll second that

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well said Thai, though they are taking a hamering from QPR, Leeds, Royals too on the BBC 606 board, shame really!................
    please log in to view this image

5. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I have sent a few PM's to the Cardiff guys I regularly chat with, no point posting on their board until the children leave the playground <ok>

6. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

I finally joined not606, and my 606 usename was available. So I'll be posting on here from now on.

I wish the final was played a bit sooner after the semis. Two weeks is a very long time to wait, especially for the supporters of the losing team. Losing a play-off final is as harsh as it gets. I do feel like the Swans time has come though. I'm sure Brendan will be very thorough in his preparation, so let's hope that it's all ok on the day.

How many Swans fans are likely to be at Wembley? Could they have as many as 40,000, or is that asking too much. Will be a great day out. Wish I was able to be there (I'm tempted), but will be watch in Bangkok.

7. swainseye

swainseye Member

It`s a shame really that other fans give it big. But a lot of it is also down to Cardiff fans throwing their weight about a fair bit, we`re going to walk this league, we`re going up etc.

I feel sorry for the true fans who watched a lacklustre performance, although I only saw the highlights, there seemed to be very little appetite for playing from them. Reading looked a really dangerous side.

On our side of things, I hope Brendan does his homework properly so we can enjoy a good game at Wembley
    . Win or lose we`ve had a great season, considering we were prime candidates for relegation at the beginning of the season. If we did manage to win.....then ....

8. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

Last year we (Cardiff) got about 37,500 tickets. Wembley shall be a sea of white and blue, and we're not even there!

9. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

We definitely got excited when Bellamy signed (who wouldn't?) but only our muppets were giving it large. We are far too experienced in heartache to ever take promotion for granted!