1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nice Eze interview

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by NorwayRanger, Aug 3, 2018.

1. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

QPR's Ebere Eze discusses the no. 10 shirt, his frustrations under Ian Holloway and the future
    Eze spoke in detail with The Loftcast about his career so far, and this is what he had to say on a range of subjects.

He's tipped to be the hottest prospect to come out of Queens Park Rangers in many years, but Ebere Eze is simply focusing on improving ahead of the new season.

The 20-year-old, who joined the Hoops after being released by Millwall, is set to play a central role in Steve McClaren's QPR side this term after being handed the famous no.10 shirt - a fitting honour for a player who is tipped for great things.
    Eze spoke in detail with The Loftcast about his career so far, and this is what he had to say on a range of subjects.

please log in to view this image

Ebere Eze
    Being given the no.10 shirt
    "It's a bit surreal to be fair. I didn't really expect it but I'm obviously grateful to get such a number."

"The first couple of pre-season games I was wearing 20 and they're just given to you. I think it was against Wimbledon I was given the number 10 and I was shocked and was like 'no way, this can't be right!' but luckily against Hoffenheim I saw my number again and thought 'I think I might have got it'.

"The number 10 has always been my favourite number. All of my favourite players have worn it; Ronaldinho, Messi - they're all players who I look up to and I see them wearing 10 so that's what I was aiming for and the fact that I've got it means a lot."

Does it add pressure?
    "Not really. I see this as appreciation from those around me that they can put the trust in me to wear the number 10, and that's a bit of a confidence boost really.

"It's just a nice feeling to see people around me who believe in me as much as I believe in myself. It puts more confidence into me in the way I play in that I can feel more comfortable and more confident to do what I want because I know people are behind me and backing me, which is good."

Leaving Millwall and coming to QPR
    "Coming to QPR that season was the best decision I've made because I ended up with coaches like Paul Hall, Andrew Impey, Chris Ramsey who's belief in me from the get-go was something I'd never had before.

"The confidence and the freedom that they allowed me to play with was something I'd never had before so it was easy for me to express myself and do things that I'd have wanted to do elsewhere but obviously couldn't, and it's allowed me to shine which is what I've wanted to do for a long time."

Developing at QPR and Ian Holloway
    "There's a lot of individual programmes which they want you to specifically work on to get better and while you're working on that stuff it starts to come out in your game without you really thinking about it which you have to give credit to them for because they're really on it with that kind of stuff.

"It's different as with Ian Holloway there were times when I was in and out which was difficult because as much as you want to play it's not your decision whether you play or not. At times it was difficult but now I feel like I'm in a position where the belief is in me and I know people are trusting me to do certain things which is all I want as a player."

Ian Holloway is having a tough time at QPR (Image: Ian Horrocks/Sunderland AFC via Getty Images)
    Going on loan to Wycombe Wanderers
    "After coming to QPR that was the next best decision I made because at the start I was wondering whether I should go because I believed that I could play at QPR but sometimes you need to go away from a situation and do well elsewhere for other people to realise 'maybe he can do it'.

"It was a confidence boost. It's not just me thinking I can do it - I can see I'm doing it against serious footballers so it was a big boost."

The impact of Gareth Ainsworth
    "(He helped me) crazy amounts. He's a manager where I could feel the belief and the trust that he had in me and that's something I have to thank him for.

"He spoke to me about coming back (to QPR) and he said 'you can play there, what you're doing here you can do it there' and that instilled a mad amount of belief in me."

Working under Steve McClaren
    "You learn so much. In the few weeks that we've had him I've learned so much about myself, how to play the game and how to be smart in certain situations.

"He gives you a completely different perspective on how to look at a game which is something that I've never really had before so as a young player it's good because you're learning every single day and improving."

Facing a club like Hoffenheim
    "That was a big confidence boost for the whole team to know we can play against such a grand team."

Playing in a young squad
    "Everyone is so young. It's crazy but the belief is in all of us. We know we're young but we're hungry and want to do well which is the key.

"It makes it a lot easier. Last season there was a lot of older players and you might be one of two younger players which is quite hard, but when you're playing with your friends it's easy to rely on them and know they'll be there for you which is nice."

Targets for the season
    "We just want to do as well as we can. We may not be seen as a team that will do so well but we're going to push to do the best that we can."

The future
    "I just have to keep my head down and be single-minded. I know what I need to do and now I just need to do it on the pitch."

Mindset
    "I try to be positive and happy as much as I can be, and that's it."

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/ebere-eze-qpr-millwall-news-14979174

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Seems quite unaware why the 10 shirt is iconic at QPR, unless Ronaldo and Messi played for us and I missed it.

3. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  4. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Strange how he has gone from being left go by Millwall to our potential saviour in a relatively short period of time.

5. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Someone should give him a box set of the Rodney & Stanley show........

rangercol likes this.
  6. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

That’s what I thought about Holloway too

7. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

absolutely we will know if he is any good in the next few weeks ... watched the German game the other day and he looked OK but were playing a friendly against a load of tosh

When he grabs a game in the championship and dictates it only then will I buy in why? ...

The following change and control games

Huddlestone, Johnson Ledley Clayton Downing Howson Leadbitter Adam Allen Fletcher Imbula Ince Bojan Barry Blunt Livermore and our old Phillips,

Tommy Carroll and Fer plus Clucas Celina

Then there are players who are very very good IMO and not recognised for their quality as they should be Ryan Woods, Phillips and Roofe from Leeds
    Colback, Stiepermann

etc etc

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

After the game against Hoffenheim, who finished 3rd in the German league and are therefore a champions league side, they enquired about buying Eze.
    Most exciting player we've had since Tarrabt imo.

Hope he's given time this season and not judged too early, as the championship is a dog of a league.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  9. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

He did exactly that last season!

10. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

I like the cut of his jib. Hopefully Millwall made a monumental mistake.

rangercol likes this.

11. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Well where’s there’s hope

Exciting times either way

Don’t get me wrong I just don’t know anything about him and this is the most competitive league in the world imo

Any team with a good start can win it and even that team will be more than likely have a couple of heavy defeats (by 4 goals) during the campaign

We are new and fresh and have a good coach so bring it on

If we win tomorrow 3-0 away from home and Eze controls the match then I will be the first to chastise myself