1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Niall McGinn

Discussion in 'Aberdeen' started by Mick, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

I was poking around the Scottish football specials markets looking for some value when I came across Niall McGinn to be top SPL scorer this season at 80/1 with Victor Chandlers.

I know he's scored 6 in his last 6 - but are you playing him on the wing or up front as a striker?

I'm hoping you're playing him up front as I took the 80/1 each way, it's still a big price even if he is coming off the wings and is absolutely massive if he is playing a striking role - he is currently third in the charts and all I need is for him to at least stay there to get the 20/1 place.

I've also got Aberdeen to come 2nd (or better) at 12/1 so I might feel a tad conflicted when we meet next week <whistle>

2. Rubber Johnny

Rubber Johnny Well-Known Member

As far as out n out strikers go no-one has really shone this early part of the season with any SPL team [whether through injury or loss of form] hopefully Niall has had a great start with Aberdeen & can keep it going as Vernon has been non existint up till now. only Craig Brown knows whether Niall will play out wide or through the middle as paw has a tendancy for choppin & changing player roles at random, but with Johnny Hays playing wide right & young Ryan Fraser doing well on the left there's a good chance Niall will play a striking role for most part of the season [ pending injuries ].

If Hibs can hang on to Leigh Griffiths [from the Wolves] after January he is looking like he will be the one to beat as top scorer in the SPL this season.

No need to feel a tad conflicted when we meet next week, as the excellant result against Barcelona last week & the draw against St Johnstone on sunday, i do fear the worst for Aberdeen on Saturday.

PS, 12/1 for Aberdeen to finish second (or better) are quite **** odds, (lucky to make top six again) but hope you win.

3. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Well-Known Member

If Celtic had beaten St Johnstone I would have felt an awful lot more comfortable about the coming game. Better still, I would have preferred to have played them this weekend past, following on directly from the Barcelona match &#8211; and I believe we would have won. Now, however......it could be excruciating. Nervous.

I thought McGinn had scored seven in the last seven? Could be wrong. Anyway, from the very limited highlights I&#8217;ve seen this season (and I've only been to two matches in person- hardcore fan), and bearing in mind that I know absolutely nothing about football tactics &#8211; I was given the impression that he was more often putting himself in a position to get on the end of crosses, as opposed to being the one who delivered the crosses in the first place (as I had thought his job would be). If you ask Craig Brown, I imagine he&#8217;ll tell you that the player is being used as necessary, to meet the demands of any given occasion and that flexibility is key &#8211; which is why I suggest you don&#8217;t ask him. McGinn's great, though, no complaints, and let's not forget that he also outshone Ronaldo whilst scoring for Northern Ireland. I reckon he must be worth at least £60m by now.

Anyway, whilst hoping I&#8217;m wrong, I think you&#8217;ll lose this particular (top scorer) bet, although I&#8217;ve every confidence you&#8217;ll clean up in the other one. And by &#8220;every confidence&#8221;, of course, I mean &#8220;an ultimately groundless intuition&#8221;. Hang in there.