1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next up Wolves. Will the best 10 + Jorghino Play?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

You can put your house on Jorghino playing against Wolves. Or maybe not.
    Apart from " Jorghino the incredible undroppable underperformer", history says Barkley will play and so will Kante.
    Even the dunderhead Sarri won't start without Kante, who is the glue for any Chelsea midfield with Jorghino in it. Kante covers for, works for and saves Jorghinos arse 20 times a game, instead of doing what he's best at.
    Sarri is also so perverse he will probably start Willy in Goal.
    All fine if the 1st team is improving and picking itself ,as in other better managed Teams. Problem is trying to identify Sarris' first 11. I haven't got a clue but neither does Sarri.

His midfield for Wolves, on form, tiredness and rotation should be
    RLC, Kante, (1st two chosen ) plus either Kovacic or the fragile Jorghino. Let's leave aside where they should be positioned.
    Me, I'm tipping Jorghino, Kante and Kovacic with RLC on the bench again. Sarri, like Mourhino, doesn't like flair and skill.
    Defence is a no brainer on form. Dave, Luiz, Rudi and Emerson. Alonso had a poor game and is not consistent enough to keep Emerson out. So expect Dave, Luiz, Rudi and Alonso, with Christensen who played well, dropped when he deserves a run of game time, due to being "not yet ready".
    Front should be Hazard Giroud and CHO. Pedro has earned a rest, Willian is not in great form, but CHO is also "not ready" so it will probably be Hazard, Higuain and Pedro. With our lousy midfield, Giroud is a better striker as a 1 up front than Higuain, but Higuain is "the chosen one" overweight, sluggish, unfit and unimpressive though he has mostly been.
    Sarri seems to think 22 year old world class footballers drop from the sky when they pass their 21st birthday.
    It has not occurred to him that an 18 year old with potential only becomes the finished article 22 year old with 4 years of game time experience.
    That Higuain, Jorghino, and Dries Mertens all played masses of games as 19, 20 and 21 year olds seems not to have penetrated the thick skull of Sarri ,who continues to waffle on about 18 year olds not being good enough yet.
    Total garbage, like his selections.
    Where is Stan when he's needed??
    Sarri out !!! There Iv'e said it. I can't take much more of this toss pot.

PS David Luiz should be our captain until seasons end. His effort against Kiev was brilliant. Cool ,calm, collected and the only player in our 11 who can make killer passes. He stepped up big time , better in every way than Dave.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Bristol Blue likes this.
  2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I'm struggling to see why the negativity.

We've won 3 on the bounce and had a very good performance against City before that. I think Jorginho has also been better of late.

Huge turnaround given where we were post United.

champions league place in our own hands and one foot in the quarters of Europa.

Everyone will have their own view on selections but the results can't be argued with.

3. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

As per the Chelsea Pensioner, I do not rate Jorginho at all. Jorginho got a good goal against Fulham but all season long he has been irritating me with far too many sideways and backwards passes. At £50 million+ he’s very poor value in my opinion. At the Wolves game tomorrow I’d like to see us really press and if the lightweight Jorginho plays his normal game at the heart of midfield Wolves will take full advantage.

4. The Ginger Marks

Agreed, far too much criticism here. Ok things are not perfect but our performances have certainly been better since United. Seems the manager can never be right.

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree. After a busy period of football a draw v a good Wolves side is not a disaster

6. Bristol Blue

......A Wolves side that put everyone behind the ball for long periods. Their defence was very well drilled with us falling behind after a classic counter attack. We had most of the possession and still fell behind. When Hudson Odoi, Loftus Cheek and Willian came on with Jorginho coming off our attacking play was far better and this freed up Hazard for a wonder strike of an equaliser.

7. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

That was a hard watch...we were slow and boring and they didn’t help either, surprised they got anywhere near our goal.

Once Loftus Cheek is fully fit he should be starting. Offers so much more than anybody else from midfield and we improved hugely when he came on. Helps our wide players cause he can go past midfielders which drags others players out, none of our other midfielders can do that.

BobbyD likes this.
  8. Chelsea Pensioner

According to Sarri, the problem is all our players are too slow off the ball so Jorghino is struggling to play his natural game. He didn't look to be struggling at all to me, all his passes went sideways or backwards as usual and he gave the ball away far too often, just normal really.
    What is strange is that Sarri keeps putting out the same team and they keep playing the same way and he seems surprised.
    I think Sarri is 180 degrees futon Jorghino. Soon as he goes off and 2 players with some skill and power come on we look miles better.
    If Jorghino is to succeed he needs to build up and do loads of sprint training in the off season. Maybe with a season of experience and off season work he will come good. Meanwhile Sarri needs to play RLC especially, and play Kante alongside the undroppable one to give us an even chance.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Looks like RLC is working hard on his back injury but not ready for 90 mins yet

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ea-now-that-he-s-turned-to-yoga-a4086521.html

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

To be fair, I think Sarri is learning and evolving a bit. His subs were far earlier and more attack minded than he's been previously when we've been chasing games.

We were far from great but Wolves were lucky to score and Hazard foul looked a pen to me before their goal as well.

We are still on a decent run post the United game and the season is salvageable.

11. Bristol Blue

We looked a far far better side when Jorginho went off for Willian to come on. With the late subs of Hudson Odoi and Loftus Cheek on as well we were far more attack minded and entertaining. For me, I preferred Cesc Fabregas to Jorginho - where is StanDman to comment on this ????!!!!! There was a bit of booing at half time and a cheer in the second half when Jorginho was taken off for Willian to come on - so....it seems I’m not the only critic of ‘Sarri Ball’ and Sarri’s golden boy Jorginho.

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I’m not too sure if 4231 would work for 90 mins against a quality side with Kante and RLC.

Does RLC work hard enough, is his positional sense good enough?

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Hard to judge RLC as he seldom plays. He needs a run of 3 or 4 full matches to link properly with the rest of the team, not 15 min cameos every 3 weeks.
    What ticks me off with Sarri is he must see the value of RLC and CHO but still refuses to play them. Emerson has improved with game time and Alonso has improved with a bit of rest. Ampadu has also been very badly handled and it's almost too late to bring him in now the 4th place battle is hotting up.
    Will be very interesting to see who stays when the FIFA ban comes in. Hazard looks a goner after Zinadans' move to Real, and CHO and RLC are both keen on a move, as is Christensen and half the academy. We could get stuck with the bulk of our 1st 11 for the whole of next year, and the blame lies squarely at the feet of RA and Sarri.
    Sarri has looked a bit more open minded, but nowhere near enough.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He's been injured since Forest. He says so himself

“I was doing well at that point , playing every game, even if it was 90 minutes in a Europa League and then 30 in the Premier League. I was doing that for a few weeks and I wanted to carry on that momentum.

“When the back problem came again, I tried to push through it and manage it, to keep going. But it was one of those ones where if I’d carried on, I would have done more damage. I was distraught going down the tunnel [against Forest]. I knew I just had to wait to get it right.

“As a footballer you want to be free in your mind, you want to feel physically good before you go on the pitch so you can focus on what you want to do.”

BobbyD likes this.
  15. Chelsea Pensioner

Fair enough apologies to Sarri in that case over this issue. Even injured, RLC would be better than Barkley !!!!

Sarri now has another "reason to be fearful" Zinadan has identified Kante as his top signing for next season. That's all we need.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  16. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I’m actually surprised we drew this. I knew they would be tough to beat and theirnposition in the league is a testament to how well they are playing.

With no window now to buy new players, I fear we may be scuppered for Sarri’s window of opportunity to get new players in. Realistically he will have to look at the players we have on loan and in the academy and make them fit, or change his ways.

17. The Ginger Marks

Agree 100% with this. Unfortunately given Romans lust for silverware, I wonder whether Sarri is the turning point. Would like to see him have a prolonged spell as I believe the players are behind him now. We need to re-assess the players on loan and give the lucky ones a full pre-season and use that time building a system of brotherhood.

18. Chelsea Pensioner

That would be the ideal way forward but would need far more flexibility from Sarri. His clinging on to the hope Jorghino will somehow become strong and fast enough for the PL, and that all the other players will adapt their styles to suit Jorghino, is frankly too silly for words.
    What is needed is plenty of good old English compromise.

19. The Ginger Marks

We have seen a different Jorghino at times, i'm prepared to cut him a season and see what we get next year.

20. Chelsea Pensioner

Well we don't have a lot of choice, so I hope you are correct. It shouldn't be too difficult for him to strengthen during the off season, and he might well be one of those players that takes time to adapt, like Drogba and even Thierry Henry. With the pretty dire prospect of a transfer ban happening, it's up to Sarri 1st and Jorghino 2nd to better adapt to the reality of life in the PL, rather than to blindly put their faith in Sarri ball, which in practical terms, was sussed and snuffed in less than half a season by the better teams.