1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next up - Derby

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I highly doubt we’ll match our win total for the season over the next three games. But the more dynamic midfield worked. Two up top, compared to against Norwich, worked. No Chambers, Skuse, or Sears in the side worked. Being more clever in possession worked.

It’s only one game, but Derby are on the brink of the play offs for a reason - they are a good team. Yes, we rode our luck towards the end when Derby arguably should have nicked it, but that was an genuinely exciting match to watch (the best I’ve seen us this season), with a loud, engaging crowd, and a Town side not scared to run at their opponents and try making things happen.

Bigalreigned likes this.
  2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I'm really pleased to hear the comments here / Benjamin Bloom's review and people from the South West supporters club all in agreement we did well last night. Certainly not easy to do when you go 1-0 down early vs a good side who can then sit in if they wish / gives Derby options. Sounded like everyone was up for it and put in a good shift.

However, going to ask the following question -

Bar this / Norwich in spells.... and the first week with PNE / Reading, Lambert has really not thought about things in a logical viewpoint to me. Trying to play out from the back which I understand has been abandoned ( should have 10 games ago ) and gone somewhat more direct ( again, naive to try to play football when bottom )

With 14 games to play, we sit 10 points off, 11 with goal difference. There's no reason for us to be in this position, we should have more on the board from Lambert's tenure so far. It really wrangles with me how he's gone about things. It's again all well and good for people to be a little excited about next season based on the last 2, but certain players won't be with us -

* Chalabah won't * Pennington won't * Keane + Quaner wage wise? Not sure * Bart wage wise? doubt it * Judge - will he stay?

So it's very bittersweet for me. I think we have it in us to beat Stoke though - speaking of which.........

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Westy on Tuesday:

Erm I think it's safe to say most Ipswich fans are happy to have loans in if they improve the quality.

Why would you say to Lawrence / Fraser / Maitland Niles / Celina = ' no sorry ta, your miles better than what we have, and you'd improve us no ends, but we don't want you? ' you wouldn't unless you were mad.

Westy on Thursday:

It really wrangles with me how he's gone about things. It's again all well and good for people to be a little excited about next season based on the last 2, but certain players won't be with us -

* Chalabah won't * Pennington won't * Keane + Quaner wage wise? Not sure * Bart wage wise? doubt it * Judge - will he stay?

4. Westlake33

Oh god here we go, you cannot help yourself. Crumbs. Why do you constantly rock the boat and be a p**** so often? Is it because you embarrass yourself so often, something clicks in your head and you think ' I know this is a great idea, I'll post this ' Christ alive what a way to live life. You're not going to change though are you!? It's absolutely beyond me how often you enjoy rocking the boat, but sure, lets try to start with to answer this in a decent way.

For getting quality in on loan, ie the players above, you'd certainly take them for a season. I stand by that. Why wouldn't you take bits of quality that are a mountain ahead of what you have at the start of the season? You'd be mad to not. Sure, it's sad when they go back and your without that bit of class moving forward - but we've had them over the course of a season. Football is very short-term - I mean if Fraser had stayed fit 15/16 we may well have got over the line and top 6.

As for how we've used the loan market this season - I don't think very well from either manager to be honest. Perhaps you could argue Keane + Quaner have added something, but their not lightyears ahead of what we have. They are better I would say as a pair than Jackson + Harrison certainly........... I mean perhaps Chalobah and Pennington have been two of our better players.

It wrangles me more with how Lambert's gone about things tactically than anything though. We showed fight v Norwich, apparently last night too. We started well v PNE + Reading playing open football, however then were very limp from Reading to Norwich. I believe we should have more points on the board if Lambert had gone about things differently I think we should have gone a little bit more direct and played less football. That's a personal thing. I mean take Elder for example, waste of a loan now. Knudsen back in, that's better, but he never should have been out in the first place.

That's the polite way of putting things.

As for you trying to dig me out, and yet again disrupt harmony on this board for the 50th time when you try and make someone look like a piece of s*** for your personal agenda, you need to grow up and grow up fast.

Spanish is bang right with his comments the other day. I've also no time for you, nor have other people.

It's quite a shame you enjoy rocking the boat so often on here, you'll no doubt do your pathetic little go around in circle crap after this - Any opportunity for you.

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Westy

No need to get your knickers in a twist. This answers the point why I personally would not take those players on loan - they go back in the summer and over the last ten years not one player has changed the team enough to improve the status of the football club - Chalobah and Pennington for all their qualities are not making any difference to our survival prospects and are keeping our own lads out of the side.

In answer to your original point, if we are in League One next season then there can be no justifiable reason for players like Woolfy and Lankester being in the side, but they probably will not feature as much as I'd like them to - I still expect Evans to keep the budget tight and Lambert or whoever it is plod along with three or four or five loan players.

We are not quite there yet. 3 points against Stoke on Saturday - achievable if we perform like we did over the last two and if they keep performing how they have - everyone is going to start believing. For the first time in months I am going to be genuinely disappointed if we don't win this one.

6. Westlake33

Don't start with condescending yet again you nonce.

What do you get out of rocking the boat?

It's embarrassing.

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

westy, do you know what nonce means?

8. Westlake33

Yes I do thank you.

You would sum it up quite nicely.

I'm not going to debate your point above because you enjoy being a prized p**** time and time again.

You're not going to learn unfortunately.

But hey, if as a grown adult you get your kicks out of using a forum like a child, then that's fine.

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I'll take being a bit condescending over using language like that - nobody's perfect, but that's absolutely disgusting.

10. Westlake33

Yeah well, that's your call Mr Condescending and Mr Rude, to be honest I'm not remotely interested in your opinion and you're getting incredibly close to being ignored.

You're not going to learn, you're rude and Spanish summed you up perfectly the other day - I think you're an absolute p**** to be honest.

Who are the Jackson 5?
    I'll have to check the odds
    Sears is better at holding the ball up than Harrison
    Jackson is like Gary Linekar
    Scowey, here's a link to what a striker is.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Going to learn what?

Westy it's not my fault if you can't understand the nuances of some of the points that I make.

12. Westlake33

It's certainly not my fault you enjoy condescending everyone on this forum all the time, which I've had enough of.

If you learn to not do so, this place would function rather well.

As it is, you're incredibly limited and do not learn. Shame.

Always one. Always one.

13. Westlake33

However Hampy, this time I'm quite fed up with going around in circles.

I think if when this blows over, for the 50th time, and you start, AGAIN, I think blocking you will be the best for harmony at some stage.

You're not going to learn, you don't want to learn and it's painful.

The dynamic will be different as if I do a preview you don't be able to read it and likewise if you start an article, I won't.

However things have a circle. I've told you so many times to stop being a p**** and you do not learn. Perhaps that way the penny might drop. Though I doubt it, with me gone you'll start belittling someone else.

Grow up eh so that doesn't have to happen. Any chance? Doubt it.

14. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Westy, it reminds me of Donald Trump on Jim Acosta. He doesn't like the questions so calls him a 'rude, terrible person' when he's probably the rudest man on the planet himself.

If you get angry over everything, that's really not my look out.

A few days ago you said that I contradict myself, and now you get angry about me quoting your own comments back. What is it you want me to learn exactly?

You can go as far as calling me a nonce and I'm still not going to kick off about it.

15. Westlake33

Oh my days you're so laughable it's funny.

Did you really think copying and pasting two things from me / with an agenda you put your way was REALLY going to go down particularly well?

The only thing you set out to do was be malicious and little p**** like usual.

You could have worded things in a better way that questioned it like others on here, but no. You decided to word it in such a way to belittle / ridicule.

Have had enough of your s*** Hampy. It's wore thin. Tolerated your crap under Mick but I said earlier this season your rubbish won't be tolerated from me.

Do you have it in you to grow up? It's not difficult.

That's all I have to say on this matter today as have work, but congratulations YET AGAIN for rocking the boat, agenda and being an absolute p****. Well played indeed.

16. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Westy - no, I did not expect that outburst. If being grown up means getting angry about everything and throwing language like that around then I'll stay as I am, thanks all the same.

17. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0115-inlovThis mutual antagonism is obviously a sign of deep rooted attraction ( :emoticon-0152-heart on this day in particular:emoticon-0152-heart),I've said it before,but do us all a favour,get a room and be done with it:emoticon-0109-kiss:

18. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Happy Valentines day everyone, to you, your ladies, your mistresses and may the year be full of love
    (Hampy/Westy!), joy and amazing ITFC performances that defy all the odds.....

and we stay in the Championship on goal difference!

19. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I'm all for free speech and telling it how it is, but calling someone a kiddy fiddler on a public forum is a bit harsh, and really not called for.

20. Westlake33

Okay nonce may not have been the best choice as it does have the urban definition of that - of course Hampy or no one else is anything like that. Genuinely hadn’t heard the slang urban version before.

I will stick with p****.

fieldmarshall likes this.