1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next season

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Apologies if this is not worthy of its own thread but I was slightly shocked to see that oddscnecker.com has us as 4th favourites for the drop next season and Brentford 6th favourite for promotion!

I know this is speculative but they must be basing these predictions on something.

I really hope they are very wrong! I hope this horrible FFP is sorted soon as this must be a factor.

I tend to start each season with huge optimism but I'm thinking I need to revise that for a season or three.

2. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I think it will be more important than ever to get a decent start to the season or we could suffer a serious lack of confidence. Our spine is weak at the back and signings will be crucial - and we need to sort them early and get the right balance to establish a solid back-line through pre-season.

3. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

We’ll be fine

4. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Macca can bring a renewed sense of enthusiasm to both players and fans.
    We may have many youngsters but if things work out, he may have them punching above their weight ...... for the whole season!!!!!

Ok, l’m getting carried away but l don’t want think about any negatives at this point of time.

Stuff the bookies.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Automatic promotion.

6. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

I assume it's based on our performances the last 2 seasons, that we've released defenders & apparently have no/little money in the pot to spend on re-enforcement's. The next couple of months should give us a better idea of what to expect & hope for in the coming season at this stage it is just speculation.

7. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

40/1 generally to win it. 10-12/1 for promotion with most firms, but 20/1 with Hills. Am I stupid enough to have a score on it?

8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

By Christmas

9. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I thought I read that we've already been fined financially and that's that...?

10. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Better odds than England winning the World Cup at 16/1 :)

NigsyHoops likes this.

11. Rangers Til I Die

Don't think so. Where did you see that??

12. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Maybe I dreamed it!

Or maybe it's one of those things where they're not publicising it at all.

13. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Mass has opted for the no8 shirt for the Aussie, as he now sees himself as a leader and as a midfield general...does this mean next season
    1 he will become our no 8, our leader, our dynamo, our inspiration
    2. He is too good for us...and he is off

Answers on a post card please

14. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I could not find a post card, but will you accept a birthday card?

please log in to view this image

Chair Nob'll Fallout likes this.
  15. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Thank you for the card QPRski

I agree...option 2

QPRski likes this.
  16. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

You did. It was real news albeit the club didn't tell us. Something to do with that openness with the fans that is much proclaimed except when you don't want to give bad news which reflects badly on the person or persons responsible for squandering all that money. It was in the 50-60 million bracket as confirmed a couple of days ago by Steve Mac. Now in the good old days under Flav when our debts had been paid off and we were running a prudent tight business, saying that to the press in that way would have got him sacked for disclosing confidential information. Such unhappy days!

Rest assured that eventually we will be told officially what the precise amount was and the reasons why we lost the case and I dare say the appeal as well. The rules were clear, the amounts we overspent by not really in dispute. Fair play to the owners they tried to write it off but that type of avoidance is never going to work when the whole idea is that clubs spend according to their means. We can moan all we like about how unfair it is but for as long as one of 3 or 4 clubs can continue to win everything because they have all the money, it will never change.

For now I suggest we all look from time to time at the small print in the match day program notes or the website where it will eventually be hidden in plain view . Probably in some miniscule font even smaller than Times New Roman 8. Still, we won't be the only ones given the amounts Wolves and quite a few others over the last few years have spent in order to buy promotion.

awjm likes this.
  17. Rangers Til I Die

My
    My head is spinning!
    Are you telling me that FFP is over?
    If that's true and it has not resulted in us going to administration then that is incredibly good news, no? Obviously less good news for those who've coughed up the fine.

18. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

You play your 'My head is spinning' and I'll trump you with a 'My word' - a saying we shall sadly hear less often although what he meant by it in the context he used it is anyone's guess. As for FFP still rumbling on I believe while Tone tries to persuade everyone and frighten the authorities with threats of massive and expensive litigation which we're bound to win. My goodness, it's just so predictable.