1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Next Manager

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Coach: Cesc
    Technical director: Cahill
    Academy director: Mikel

Bodinki likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yes....Emenalo had been meeting with Lukaku for months to agree a deal and when Conte found out he went nuts, because he wanted Morata.
    This is why we never bid for Lukaku until the last minute, because Conte and Emenalo were fighting over whether to sign him or not.

3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So Tony & Mike had conflicted in everything yet they fought Marina together?

Yesterday's Lukaku v Morata Duel helped settle Tony v Mike?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Seems that way.

If one of them was going to leave, I thought it would have been Conte, given that Emenalo has seniority at Chelsea.

Either way hopefully things will be a little less tumultuous now.

5. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I sincerely hope the same.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Pretty weird this turn of events. So many conflicting reports of Emenalos' role we can surely only guess what is going on.
    However , in his time at Chelsea, some great players have been bought and a few not so great. My concern is more about the ones let go, De Bruyen, Chalobah, Ake, Bertrand et al. Not all superstars, but pretty much all as good as the "squad" players bought in as replacements.
    Nevertheless, Emenalo does seem to have been a cause of grief for more than one manager, so let's hope this means less tension behind the scenes.
    As always, we wait to see who replaces him, another Roman Ring- piece, or a proper footballing professional ???

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Ray Wilkins has come out and said that Emenalo made a managers job "Problematic" at Chelsea in that he insisted in having a say in what players were signed. But we already knew this.
    Wilkins said that he had no working relationship with Emenalo during his time at Chelsea because they didn't see eye-to-eye and he feels Conte's job will be much easier now without the obstacle of Emenalo.
    We can only hope he is right.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I dunno. I can't image Marina is easy to work with tbf!!

And the new technical director could clash with Conte more.

Conte is on the brink, make no mistake

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Well here's my opinion, based on 47 years of Chelsea support.
    Abramovich is the single biggest reason why Chelsea will NEVER progress.
    His ego has destroyed every possibility of Chelsea becoming a major force in the PL. He gets off on firing seriously good people with great records, simply to show what a big man he is. He doesn't give a **** about Chelsea or its supporters, and sees the Club as nothing more than a status symbol and a way to confirm his status.
    Call me crazy. but that's how I see our "saviour"

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Ha ha. You never met Ken Bates or the Mears family then!!!

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I both agree and disagree.
    It is frustrating because, as one of the first clubs to get a billionaire owner bankrolling us, we should have been able to take advantage of that fact more than we have done, especially as there was no FFP or the like when Roman came.
    Our youth policy is insulting and ridiculous, and the in and out policy regarding managers has been a total pisstake.
    Jose, if given the choice, and the freedom to manage the club properly the first time around, could have been our SAF and built a legacy unrivalled at this club.
    But Roman's ****tardedness and inability to see the big picture, and knowing **** ALL about football has pissed all over that.
    BUT.....
    On one hand, 1998/99 was the closest we were ever going to get to winning a league title under Ken Bates, and we were starting to slide from there, that was our peak under Bates. And we would definitely have never won any Champion's League titles under Bates.
    So on the one hand I am thankful for what Roman HAS bought us, but on the other hand I am angry and a little disappointed at what could have been, if things had been handled better.

But hey, look at what we have won since Roman arrived, we cannot really complain too much.
    Any other club in the PL would kill to have even half our trophy haul in the last 14 years.

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I get where you are coming from but we'll probably never see a SAF again. Just look at United post fergie. Even they have gone through a few managers in a short space of time since he left.

I think overall, Roman's involvement has been a lot more positive than negative; especially considering we were on the brink of administration when he bought us.

I guess in short you cant have it all.

Arsenal have stuck with Wenger and have achieved very little in the last 12 years in comparison to us. Spurs, Everton and Southampton have given youth a chance but won what, 1-2 league cups between them in Roman's era?

Is there a single club whose fans are 100% happy with how they are run and have performed in the last decade?

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Oh definitely.
    We wouldn't have won back to back PL titles with a record points total, back to back European Trophies etc otherwise, thats why I am hesitant to complain.
    But it really could have been handled so much better, especially from 2010 onwards.

14. Chelsea Pensioner

You are completely correct in that without RA we would be about where Palace are now.
    That said, I still believe he's just mucking around for his own amusement, maybe because what else do you do when you tire of floating around in big boats?
    Can't see him changing for my sake, so that's what it's like to be a Chelsea supporter. Could be worse.

BobbyD likes this.
  15. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

C.P. What feckin time is it over there ? Methinks you're on that 2nd Growth Bordeaux again !!!:emoticon-0167-beer:<bubbly><cheers>

16. Chelsea Pensioner

If only !!!! No I have been reading through loads of reports about Emanelo, Conte, the lack of guts (until the Utd game) and it is clear that we repeat the same pattern over and over again, manager after manager. Nothing changes, even after success. There is simply no way on earth that we have allowed anyone to build a team over a couple of seasons, instead simply buying a couple of key players after selling off 3 or 4 of our better youngsters. And now we find ourselves well behind City, fighting really hard to compete in the PL and the CL, having not had to face a really big team yet either. We are no longer sure of getting or affording the players we really need.
    No one except RA can change this pattern and there are no signs whatever that this is being contemplated.
    It goes with the territory of being a Chelsea supporter. I really do believe that RA is both the best and worst thing to have happened to us. So far the best is ahead on points, but with money getting even crazier, how deep are his pockets?
    Meanwhile I shall stick to things on the pitch and stop whingeing !!

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

We might not see the continuity that we want (who does in the modern game apart from Arsenal) but i disagree with this. We are a major force and we've won the PL as much as anyone else since Roman has taken over, especially in modern times. If we aren't a major force who is!

It's frustrating our lack of team building and not using our youth and the lack of time managers get. However not sure i agree with that. I think we've seen from the time Jose has spent at any club, that he's very short termist and the longer he manages, the more obvious it is. I'm not sure he would have stayed with us even if he had total control

18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

To be honest, i'm not sure you can blame Roman too much. Most of us want to see our youth get a chance and stop with big name signings all the time (maybe 1 or 2). We've made a few signings, our squad isn't deep that the youth don't get a chance and Roman has seemingly stopped splashing the cash.

The fact that City are outspending everyone and are currently leading the PL is no surprise surely.

I created this earlier for a different thread:

upload_2017-11-8_10-4-3.png

We've spent half of that from our rivals (enough for them to buy a new team) in recent years. Of course it's going to be harder for us to challenge for titles and leagues. I'm just looking forward to us actually trying to use some youth players than hoovering up the big names (that may change after a number of years of 0 success)

StanDMan likes this.
  19. Chelsea Pensioner

Totally agree with the thought on youth, and in a round about way your spending analysis shows the folly of our recent history.We had more than enough time and certainly funding, to achieve all that we have without the drama and wastage. Instead we engaged in a roundabout of managers, buying and discarding, winning ,then falling back , spending up and winning, but never building on the work and success of the day. As I said, that's how it is, and you just have to accept it and hope for a change in approach in future. Actually, reports that RA , post Emenalo, is to get more involved in the day to day matters might be a blessing . If he regularly sees the team at training and gets to understand Contes aims better, maybe, just maybe, he might come on side with the manager and work with him. Meanwhile , let's hope the fire goes out between Conte and Luiz and we continue as we left off against United.

20. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Substance over Style always for me.
    may be for the first time in 2 years, I support Cahill over Luiz.

Luiz deserves this break. This should definitely make him better.