1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next Manager - Poll and Scenarios

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Jan 3, 2019.

?

Who would be your choice as permanent manager?

1. Ole Gunnar Solskjær

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Mauricio Pochettino

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Zinedine Zidane

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Massimiliano Allegri

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

With Alli's injury, I think life is about to become a little bit harder for Spurs. They will surely drop points with Kane, Song and Alli gone.

This assessment is spot on. Also, Poch won't just bring players with him as though he owns them. Their contracts belong to Levy, not Poch. Therefore, it wouldn't be any easier to get those players. Besides, I don't see how we would buy either a striker or yet another midfielder when we have too much to handle as it is.

This is f'in hilarious! haha. Give Woodward some credit. He got rid of Mourinho face to face.

2. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Sorry, don't agree. Yes, he was the one to sack him, but it was long overdue. In fact, Woodward could see the writing on the wall some time ago and instead of putting JM on notice he handed him a new contract meaning he's just swanned off with £19m - Scholes has got this bang on - ever since he knew he had that big payday coming JM was scheming and agitating his way out of the club and I suspect he cared very little about our performances along the way.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I can't even fathom this to be remotely true. I mean, how sad would that be? Even though I know that I am perhaps being in-denial, I simply refuse to believe it to be true.

But I definitely agree; I was scratching my head when Woodward handed Jose that contract. It made no sense whatsoever.

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

Wouldn’t surprise me if Mourinho was deliberately ****ing things up just to get his pay off. He’s a colossal ****.

5. Stan

Stan Stalker

I genuinely don’t give a **** about titles and cups. We’ve had plenty of that. I love watching Ole being the United manager. It brings it all back and it’s magic (again).

6. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Am thinking if Ole carries on like this I’d like him to stay in the job.

Wasn’t our best performance last night, yet still beat a good arsenal side.

I also loved the fact he brought martial and Rashford on to go for the kill.

glazerfodder likes this.
  7. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

If United finish top 4 playing this kind of football, I can't see why he shouldn't be offered the job. It would take a pratt like Woodward to **** this up and appoint another one. Even Pochettino is a gamble even if he's been so successful with Spurs. All our previous managers have been so called successful elsewhere only to **** up with United. OGS has had his trial and if he passes it then he would have deserved his chance.

What the **** do people want him to do part from winning matches and playing entertaining football?

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Not much really.

Long term plan, who he'd like to sign, but the truth is a continuation of what we're currently doing and top four should secure him the job.

Apart from at centre half, we've got quality in all positions plus cover, it's scandalous how they were misused by Mourinho.

A squad with enough quality to win the champions league. This season.

9. glazerfodder

Given that (presumably) he didn't have that much notice before taking over I doubt he has had time to consider things in the longer term and considering he was taken on as interim, I'm not sure he can afford the distraction of longer term planning - another reason for us to get a decent Director of Football. It must surely be his job to lose (and I'm a big fan of Poch), however, the uncertainty doesn't do Ole any favours, particularly regards transfers, pre-season and so on

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

So, if at the end of the season the necessary person asks what his plans for next season are, should his response be "I haven't really thought about it"?

Would you give that person the job?

11. glazerfodder

Not saying that for a minute. I'm certain that as time progresses Ole will allow himself to dare to consider all these things knowing those questions will come, but for now I'm sure he is still fully evaluating all our players (including those out on loan) to see what he wants in future

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

So by the end of the season, he'll have a plan, right?

13. glazerfodder

Absolutely.

14. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

I would be happy to unleash him permanently especially if we get top 4 finish. We do need to sign some defenders and I’d like to get someone better than Matic. Kante is being misused at Chelsea. Sign him koubilay and another winger job done.

15. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Nope.