1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next Everton manager

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Tobes, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

2. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Ajax & PSV smashing the Eredivisie

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

4. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Lots of people will be interested. But when they see the pish poor effort our best ever squad puts in.....will they come?

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Players showing open dissent for a man who they lost respect for months ago, and who they know is a dead man walking, is hardly anything new in the game.

There's some quality names in the frame. We'll see how it pans out.

6. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Do you not think its a slap in the face for hard working/finance stretched fans?

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

In a way yes I do.

The least we should expect is effort. But unfortunately what's happening now is solely due to the inertia caused by the board wanting to be seen 'to do the right thing' by Martinez.

It's turned out to be completely the wrong thing, and next Sunday promises to be a complete embarrassment for both club and manager if they leave him in situ. They should pull the plug on him today imo.

8. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

You may be right.

But perspective buyers of these 'stars' would be well advised to stay clear.

Barry, Coleman, Jags, Robles......

Some of the younger lads, apart from that not many come away with anything good this season.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Something happened mid March imo, as that's when the players really seemed to down tools.

What's gone on behind the scenes we can only speculate, but I've heard that there was open dissent in the camp amongst some of the senior pro's, towards Martinez tactics and training methods.

The bottom line is that we should have achieved much more with that playing squad than Martinez has delivered.

10. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Well it appears they downed tools over a year ago to me and it is disgusting. Don't want to play for the manager, no problem......but don't pack in for the fans. No matter how good or bad a player is, our fans demand effort.......that's all, they have let us down as much as Bobby

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I largely agree with that, albeit workrate, pressing and closing down has never formed part of his philosophy.

The only time they've done that this year, was the Chelsea Cup QF, that I still maintain was their collective decision and not the managers.

It's been allowed to drift for way too long, I said he should have been canned after the Hull away game last New yeas day, as it was painfully apparent there was a serious dressing room issue that day. Once you lose the dressing room, there's only ever one way it ends.

12. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

During the first year and up to Xmas he introduced that style, we had fans singing about the school of science.

Push teams back, pressed high and attacked with pace. Even in the second season we topped a tough EL group most tipped us to struggle in.

Eto'o will be forever in my mind of causing upset.

13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I still put the first year down to the perfect combination of the defensive solidity left by Moyes and the attacking flair Martinez added to it.

By Xmas in season 2, the defensive solidity had waned away, and we'd become an easy side to play against. We've been conceding way to many goal scoring opportunities to the opposition for the best part of 18 months.

68 in the last 2 league games btw.........

He fell out with Distin as well remember, Distin has refused to speak about it publicly, but it is rumoured to have been about the lack of defensive drills in training. Something which Ossie spoke about in his book.

Justovertheline likes this.
  14. I'm sorry to see Martinez go. I don't think you gave him enough time.

Be interesting to see who comes in now. Not sure you can get anyone who'll be an improvement on Martinez tbh. I suppose if you apologised publicly, you could encourage Moyes to come back. Fellani looks like he's shot his bolt at United, so I think he'd welcome a return to your lot under Moyes. There's few players at Villa and Norwich that you could plunder, too, in order to strengthen.

What do you lads reckon?

15. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

oh no theres a spurs version of Astroted....

Nice bottle job end of the season btw..

Peej likes this.
  16. It does feel strange to be gutted at finishing third.

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Wum fail

18. It's okay, Tobes. Pixie rarely, if ever, comes over here, so you don't need to shove your nose up his brown chutney tunnel, mate.

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You're obsessed mate.

@PISKIE

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I own HIAGs mind :)